Honored Contributor

My deepest condolences, @vicki is ok.

You're in shock,  so give yourself some time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

My sympathies for your loss @vicki is ok.

Everyone expresses grief in their own way. There is no timetable nor correct way to do it. Let the healing take place in your own time.

Regular Contributor

My deepest condolences on the loss of your dear husband.

Take one day at a time and take good care of yourself.

Hugs

Respected Contributor

@vicki is ok

I am also so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Hugs and praying for you 

Valued Contributor

My husband died in January abd I'm still in shock and I cry

I want to give you a big hug

Respected Contributor

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I believe the numbness is a very normal feeling. Whatever you're feeling or aren't is normal. Obviously words are not enough but I wish you peace. 

Valued Contributor

Very sorry for you loss.  Blessings to you and your daughter.

Honored Contributor

@vicki is ok  Vicki, I am so sorry for the loss to you and your daughter.  I am not a doctor or healthcare professional, however I did go through something similar with my husband back in 2006.  Doctors suspected something bad in October and he was gone by the beginning of January.  There is a chance you could be suffering with PTSD and are in shock.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

My condolences to you. It will take time to adjust to the void that has been left in your life, particularly since you didn't have much time to process it in the first place. Hospice offers grief counseling to those left behind. My dear friend lost her husband to brain cancer after a two year battle with little hope given from the beginning. She was destroyed by the whole ordeal and could not function adequately at all. She stayed in Hospice counseling for two years and has finally begun to see light at the end of the tunnel. I strongly urge you to see either Hospice counseling, private counseling, or a widow/widowers support group where everyone there is experiencing what you are experiencing. I have a male friend who lost his wife to ovarian cancer, and after wanting to give up, he joined a group, and it changed his outlook and his life. Stay strong and don't be afraid to ask for help from many directions.

Esteemed Contributor

@vicki is ok

I hope that today finds you feeling a tiny bit better.

If you find yourself "stuck" in the grieving process, and you feel that you are not moving forward with it, then yes, please talk with someone.

But if you feel that you don't need to talk to someone, then you don't have to.

Not everybody needs to go to a group or a therapist just because a loved one died.

When I lost my mom almost 17 years ago, and my best friend almost 8 years ago, I never saw a group or any other professional, because I knew that I didn't need to.

I just let the grieving process happen naturally.

You may not feel it, but you are a strong woman!

You know yourself best.

If you feel that you need to talk to someone, then yes, please do talk to someone.

But if you feel that you don't need to, then you don't have to.

Blessings and gentle hugs.