Contributor

QVC is Out of my League, Anymore!

Just my opinion, but I'm just finding, for the most part, QVC is  too expensive for what I see is being offered ............ there's too many other B&M and online sites where I find most of what I'm really looking for!

I know what some are saying, just don't watch or buy, and I'm not!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is Out of my League, Anymore!

You're going to love the new line of shoes they're going to introduce in a couple of days.  There's only one shoe with picture and description so far but it's a sneaker for $150.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it depends on the line. The true designer lines here, like Linea by Louis Dell Olio, are an amazing value considering the design/fit/fabric and the price tag. Some items I've purchased--and I'm a long-standing customer--would be triple the price in B&M retail. IF you could even find these classic, elegant clothes anywhere. To me, I would even pay more for higher end fabrics in this line. Linea, created by an award-winning iconic designer, is the best QVC has to offer, bar none.

Honored Contributor

Then shop at B & M. In the end, people are going to buy what they want, what they can afford wherever it's the most convenient. I rarely shop at B& M locations now; groceries are about it. Everything else, I order online. I do my research and find the best price and often it is QVC due to their ODO/TSV's/special sets. 

Remember, just because you can't afford it or choose not to spend your money, there are others who can/do choose to. QVC wouldn't be in business if that wasn't the case.

Esteemed Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

I think it depends on the line. The true designer lines here, like Linea by Louis Dell Olio, are an amazing value considering the design/fit/fabric and the price tag. Some items I've purchased--and I'm a long-standing customer--would be triple the price in B&M retail. IF you could even find these classic, elegant clothes anywhere. To me, I would even pay more for higher end fabrics in this line. Linea, created by an award-winning iconic designer, is the best QVC has to offer, bar none.

@GraceCO I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU . LOUIS IS THE BEST DESIGNER ON QVC!!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@GraceCO wrote:

@GraceCO I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU . LOUIS IS THE BEST DESIGNER ON QVC!!

Yep @NicksmomESQ. HIGH FIVE!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind paying for quality, however I feel many of the lines have gone down in quality, but up in price. You don't always get what you pay for unfortunately.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I just do my research. 

Although I often find that I will purchase the item on QVC even if I find the same item a few dollars less on another online retailer.  The ease of return and customer service are a plus to me.  Also, easy pay.

I shop at Q for different things quite a bit.  But I also do a ton of shopping on Amazon, LL Bean, and Lands End.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

@petunia wrote:

Just my opinion, but I'm just finding, for the most part, QVC is  too expensive for what I see is being offered ............ there's too many other B&M and online sites where I find most of what I'm really looking for!

I know what some are saying, just don't watch or buy, and I'm not!  Smiley Happy

So true! Totally agree with you! It's ok to watch though 😊 and order as you please, but many (too many to count) times I find the better deal elsewhere. I do my homework and usually order when they have ODO's with free shipping. My favorite B&M stores are TJ MAXX, Marshalls, and HomeGoods. You can't beat the prices and awesome decorations, or anything, really. Right now they are full of cute boots at $30-40. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I don't mind paying for quality, however I feel many of the lines have gone down in quality, but up in price. You don't always get what you pay for unfortunately.

I don't mind paying for quality either.... but as soon as that quality shifts downward with no shift downward in price, I lose interest and won't buy anymore. 

With the advent of the "tissue knit tees and sweaters".... with the huge price tags, laser cuts and no longevity riding in the durability of the fabrics... or in the manufacturing of them, I'm rarely finding anything I'm willing to pay for anymore..... 

Two years ago I found a red Ralph Lauren Jacket I absolutely fell in love with ($170), fit was perfect and the style casual with brass fasteners.  Love that jacket and still have it and it still looks fantastic!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*