Honored Contributor

Amazon Credit From Apple eBooks

I recently got an email from Amazon, I have received a credit due to the Apple eBooks Antitrust Settlement. It is an additional credit to a credit I received previously. Did anyone else receive the email from Amazon? Oh yeah. by the way you must use it within 6 month, it expires but Amazon will remind you. I'm not sure if you have to use it on ebooks or on anything you want.

Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Credit From Apple eBooks

You can use it on anything.  Amazon deducted mine from the first purchase I made after receiving the settlement money.

Esteemed Contributor

YEs I got $110.00 in Credit.  This is the second or maybe even the third time I have received this credit.  last time it was almost $350.00

Honored Contributor

I got $19 this time around and spent it about one minute later. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

That settlement wasn't just for Apple ebooks only. If you purchase ebooks for Kindle, Nook or other devices those electronic books were part of some recent class action settlement as well.  Therefore other e-book purchasers may have a credit on their account at Amazon or anywhere else you have purchased your ebooks from.  My credit was at Barnes and Noble. They sent an email, so more than likely if you haven't heard from your most frequented ebook retailer, you may not have qualified for the settlement credit.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got a whopping 4 bucks & change.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

YEs I got $110.00 in Credit.  This is the second or maybe even the third time I have received this credit.  last time it was almost $350.00

Wow, lucky you that’s a nice amount of credit. I only got $22!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I got an email from Amazon. Also from Barnes and Noble and Kobo. I was just checking out e-books back then, so total from all three places was less than $5. 

Honored Contributor

Mine was received ($15 and change) and spent already.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Got it, spent it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval