Honored Contributor

I admit to being pretty naive and or gullable for a lot of my life. Not so much as of late.

I find I am very skeptical about many of these posters and want to know what you all think.

The ones who "haven't been here for so long but where is ...???"

Ask many questions about various products and opinions and never comment, thanks or returns.

are they getting paid to do some kind of survey?

Have one post and it is to slam QVC

over something or other.

The ones who have one or few posts and say-please bring back item number bla bla bla like from Lisa Rinna, maybe just to see if people are interested or to promote interest.

The one and only post is to slam a QVC host. Yeah right. Someone makes an account to slam a host.

This is ridiculous.

I just wish people who are not real or not what they are would get off. But I know that is the entire internet social media world.

And yeah we could all say, who is to know who is real or not?! I think you know, don't you?!

At any rate, the upside of all this for any of us who are naive is, I am learning, I am real, I am no longer that gullible and I am glad about that. Not overly judging, giving someone the benefit of the doubt at first but not being clueless either, more wisdom. That's a good feeling.

I know many here are much more savy and have been from the start; maybe some overly skeptical or cynical, and everything in between.

Anyway , we carry on in all our multiple personalities i guess.

That is why animals are so precious,

and those who we share pictures of them. They can only and ever be themselves. Isn't that a wonderful thing?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: I Really Want to Know!

[ Edited ]

I guess there are just so many intricacies to human beings. 

I actually admire those who are sometimes derided for their harsh opinions but say what they think, calling out bs.

I had a best friend who always told you what she thought of you and called anyone out who hurt her. Yet then she also ended up ditching anyone for the most popular. Weird, and hurtful in the long run.

I still believe that kindness and compassion are the best of us all.

How are some so mean to some and so warm and compassionate to others I don't know.

In the end, humans are fascinating and I've learned so much about human behavior from reading and posting on here through the years.

And still somehow know that there are so many with good hearts and there are those lights of human kindness, genuine people who care

deeply about others. That is something to give hope and to give thanks for, and to rejoice in.

To keep finding those points of life in this weird scary world.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Some are genuine posters who happen to wander in and find the forums.

Some are trolls.

Some are longtime posters with multiple nics.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal -

That's a good succinct explanationSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac ,

I love your dog!Heart

Honored Contributor

Is there not a way the mods or the forums are regulated to prohibit people from having multiple accounts/nics? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Is there not a way the mods or the forums are regulated to prohibit people from having multiple accounts/nics? 

@Shanus ,

I always wondered that too.

Maybe it isn't important enough or too time consuming to QVC.

I don't know but I wish they could. 

I can't imagine spending the time to have multiple nicks unless to conceal or create controversy or conflict or just a game to people? Creating different personalities for themselves and others? I don't know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay , I don't see a post from @mspat.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus ,

I always wondered that too.

Maybe it isn't important enough or too time consuming to QVC.

I don't know but I wish they could. 

I can't imagine spending the time to have multiple nicks unless to conceal or create controversy or conflict or just a game to people? Creating different personalities for themselves and others? I don't know.

@on the bay   It's strange to me that the purchasing portion of Q is not co-ordinated with the forums. I know you can't have have multple QVC accts. because they're monitored or registered by email accounts. I thought signing up here was the same. When my email adress changed a few weeks ago whe we changed cable companies and internet, it was a hassle changing my account HERE.

Respected Contributor

In additon to the things everyone's mentioned, trolls, etc..

I've always just assumed it's part of someone's job at the Q...whether it's buyers, reps, mods, or a combination...to ask marketing type questions to figure out certain buying or selling strategies. Maybe not, but certain posts when I see them seem like that's what it could be.