Respected Contributor

Philosophy- Testing on Animals

I hope someone calls during a presentation and asks if animals are used for testing. I would love to hear the explanation! 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Philosophy- Testing on Animals

If i find out that is true I will stop using it ASAP. 

Respected Contributor

How do we get information on this matter?

Esteemed Contributor

If they test on animals I will NEVER purchase anything from them again !!!

Esteemed Contributor

From their FAQ

do you test on animals?

philosophy is fully committed to using alternatives to animal testing to ensure the safety of our products. please be assured that we do not perform, nor do we ever commission any third parties on our behalf to perform, animal testing on our products or ingredients except when required by law.

soooo....they test

Respected Contributor

You wrote this almost 7 years ago: 

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

does philosophy test on animals?

we absolutely do not conduct animal testing with philosophy products. we are fully committed to using alternatives to animal testing to ensure the safety of our products.

You can always go online to check if Philosophy tests on animals. This is what I found: 

Philosophy and most of the brands under Coty agree to animal testing when it’s required by law. 
Esteemed Contributor

You can go to crueltyfreekitty dot com and find products that are CF or not. She might also list the parent companies that are not CF.

There is also leaping bunny which is very good.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

The last 4 words tell you all you need to know, to sell cosmetics in China it's REQUIRED by law that they do animal testing.

Cosmetic companies try to dance all around the word 'YES' with excuses and vague answers.

I stopped buying Philosophy when they were no longer cruelty free, before that I was an avid fan.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I hope someone calls during a presentation and asks if animals are used for testing. I would love to hear the explanation! 

Philosophy is sold in China where it is law that products undergo animal testing. Philosophy is owned by COTY. 

Respected Contributor

Bye Bye Philosophy.