Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Is there not a way the mods or the forums are regulated to prohibit people from having multiple accounts/nics? 

This has been a problem for decades.

Even back in the days when a poster would be banned for bad behavior.

My opinion - this forum is very old software, not as sophisticated and the newer forum software.    Newer forums use the IP address, easier to block multiple accounts.

QVC is not going to invest in newer technology for these forums.

@software  I was banned once for using a political word. I think banishment was for a certain number of hours or so. Anyway, I tried to open the forums just to read as I knew I couldn't post or sign in. Well to my surprise I couldn't even get in to be able to read. This was all with my IPad. I could however get in with my phone.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Really Want to Know!

[ Edited ]

@Sooner -

You know, I don't know lol!

I actually don't like that either so don't know why I did.

Maybe just my brain thinking to myself or fog moment?

Next time I endeavor to post a new subject I'll try to remember that, really.

But this time I also I don't know how I could have put so much of what its about in the title. Any suggestions?

Also, I sometimes don't finish a sentence. One of my daughters and I never need to try to understand each other because we talk the same way 

so I may have just gone from the title and dove in kinda thing.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Sooner -

You know, I don't know lol!

I actually don't like that either so don't know why I did.

Maybe just my brain thinking to myself or fog moment?

Next time I endeavor to post a new subject I'll try to remember that, really.

But this time I also I don't know how I could have put so much of what its about in the title. Any suggestions?

Also, I sometimes don't finish a sentence. One of my daughters and I never need to try to understand each other because we talk the same way 

so I may have just gone from the title and dove in kinda thing.

@on the bay 
I really had a good laugh from your response!  And believe me I needed it!  You sound like me!  Woman Very Happy  

And why finish a sentence after people have enough to construe the rest?  Better than yapping on and on I think!  Woman Wink

It is 0 degrees outside, was 6 below this a.m., there's about 9 inches of snow on the ground, we have no hot water, but that's ok beause we have electricity, gas and cold water, so it's all as will as we could hope and we are thankful. 

It will be colder with more snow tomorrow.  THANK you for making me laugh!  

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I would never, ever report anyone on this BB and think less of those who do. They're the tattletale, tell the teacher sort.

And lord knows we're  moderated more than enough as it is.

Reporting isn't going to help solve a crime or prevent a murder so what's the justification.

I don't care how many nicks one has or if their stories are made up or just embellished. Where is the harm in a bit of fantasy? 

The anonymity of internet forums enbolden people to write what they would never say face to face.    And multiple accounts are just for the purpose of starting trouble, being an instigator.   Also to throw off the mods.  Made up stories are ok by me, I assume half of what I read is fantasy on the best day.

I feel the same way.  I view this forum as a diversion, my life happens face-to-face most of the time.  But I am glad it exists for those who find it an important part of their day.

Honored Contributor

Those pretending to be someone their not....or posting a pic of someone who is not you?   Why?

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee 

Well, I guess you told those posters, huh? As usual.......

@KingstonsMom  So did most of the posters on this thread but thanks for singling me out. 😄 

And you just reminded me.

Why do some posters keep copying copyrighted information here, as if it's their news? Shame on them for not giving  credit where it is due (as well as for violating copyright laws).

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Is there not a way the mods or the forums are regulated to prohibit people from having multiple accounts/nics? 

This has been a problem for decades.

Even back in the days when a poster would be banned for bad behavior.

My opinion - this forum is very old software, not as sophisticated and the newer forum software.    Newer forums use the IP address, easier to block multiple accounts.

QVC is not going to invest in newer technology for these forums.

@software  I was banned once for using a political word. I think banishment was for a certain number of hours or so. Anyway, I tried to open the forums just to read as I knew I couldn't post or sign in. Well to my surprise I couldn't even get in to be able to read. This was all with my IPad. I could however get in with my phone.

Recently?

Or years ago

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Those pretending to be someone their not....or posting a pic of someone who is not you?   Why?

@San Antonio Gal   I haven't noticed anyone posting a picture of someone other than themself pretending to be them.  Was that recent?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think there are those who are drawn to problems and negativity. It's usually from a positive place. They/we want to fix a problem, right a perceived wrong, speak out on an issue that troubles them/us. You look at a car wreck in order to avoid it. You confront a wrong to correct it.

And then there are those who are drawn to nice and lovely things. They tend not to post much online. Mostly pet and food pictures and lots of Pinterest. So, ladies and gents, if I'm right, which I certainly might not be, what category does that put most of us in?

I'm in both. I respond to negativity, sure. I also try to start threads about nice things like back scratchers and puppers. All I know is that if we want nice and cozy discussions, that requires our participation in that mode. If we just complain about lack of positivity, that's still being in negative magnet mode.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@NickNack  - It was not recent.