Honored Contributor

So what do you think are some of the best buys at Costco?  I have had a few things from there but haven't really had time to check out the new Oklahoma City Store yet.

We plan on going this week--so do you have any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Things at Costco?

My favorite thing at Costco is the pumpkin pie that is available in the fall.   The rotisserie chickens are hard to beat year-round. 

Regular Contributor

Rotisserie chicken, blueberries, nectarines,tuxedo cake, Quaker Oats, clothing, flowers. Health and beauty products. Cleaning products. Tires which have a great warranty. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Virtually every visit I pick up a package of mixed bell peppers, mushrooms, kale salad, rib eye steaks and the salmon in a foil baking tray with butter on top.  Husband likes the bakery's cookies and apple pastries.  

Regularly I buy the large packages of frozen shrimp, caned tuna, macadamia nuts, walnuts, olive oil, coffee beans, TP and paper towels.  I buy all of the OTC meds or supplements we use there.  Allergy meds are much less expensive.  Husband buys his hearing aid batteries, as well as household batteries, there.  

Husband buys most of his casual golf shirts and shorts there.  

And that just scratches the surface ... I get a large reward check every yearSmiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

Our regulars are MorningStar veggie sausage for hubby and Angus patties, Qunol for me, Finish dishwasher tabs, Kitchen trash bags, Kirkland brand Kind-style bars, mixed nuts.  Also sometimes get a light jackt, basic long-sleeve Tee's, and trail socks.  

We got a good deal on our Ring doorbell and spotlight cams and then also got a doorbell for my daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been shopping at Costco - just for myself - for 24 yrs. It's my favorite store. They have most everything -- lower prices, quality products, and easy returns. 

They have great whole pizzas -- or u could buy it by the slice at the food court. 

Their rotisserie chickens are amazing - 3 lbs. for $5.00

Kirkland is their brand - so anything with a Kirkland label.

I always buy Kirkland Albacore Tuna and Kirkland Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon

Lots of wines and alcohol --- check the ones with the Kirkland label

Fresh Coffee Beans

Many different types of cheese.

A large container of San Francisco Sourdough Pretzels

Nonni's Almond Dark Choc. Biscotti

Dole Mandarin Oranges (very refreshing)

Kirkland Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream (2 in a pack)

Large bags of frozen fresh fruit

Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes

Large selection of breads/ english muffins/Blueberry--Chocolate Large Muffins

Bagels/Baguettes/Whole Breads

Clothes -- I own 5 Nautica Ladies Cuff Sleeve Tops - and just ordered another one.

They're $11.99 ($3.00 off for a few more days) -- 100% cotton. LOVE!!!!!

Other tops, jackets, sweaters, etc.

Large-size frozen lunches/dinners

All Small and Large Electronics/Appliances have a 2-year warranty!!!!

Go to costco dot com and check out their products - and make a list.

I went there last week -- and love seeing all the people and finding great products.

Tuesday is the quietest day of the week - Wednesday is also good. I go around 2PM - when it's not crowded.

I've also ordered same day delivery (I put my order in around 9PM the previous night) and they list various times u want it delivered the following day. They also have 2-day delivery. I give the person a nice tip - and they put my groceries on my kitchen center island. So convenient. Save me time and energy.

Every few weeks, they mail out their booklet of GREAT COUPONS. I save at least $20-$30 each trip. I also just received their check for $58. for charging my purchases on their Visa credit card.

I'm 78 yrs young - and sometimes I have one of their employees walk the cart to my car and place everything in the trunk. This way I don't get tired.

Costco is the BEST!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Respected Contributor

Hard to get past the bakery...everything looks so darned good !!😳

Super Contributor

The rotisserie chickens are really good. Also their prepared chicken salad and the bake and serve fettuccini alfredo is good also. I can't tell you how many seven pound chocolate cakes out of the bakery I have bought over the years of being a Costco member. Let's just say too many. They are wonderful though if you need to take a dessert somewhere. One cake will feed a small army! Their Kirkland brand of olive oil is pretty good too. I definitely love their brand of bar bath soap and their dryer sheets. Also their cut flower bouquets are really pretty. 

Respected Contributor

The Kirkland brand ground coffee is excellent. Always have a spare because I cannot run  out.

Canned tuna and chicken

Batteries

Rotisserie chicken

Jimmy Dean breakfast Turkey sausage sandwiches 

I also like the salmon tansy mentioned

Cheeses

Garlic gherkin pickles

Best foods mayo

The Kirkland seasonal 5 bean salad in a jar

The pies are superb

Whatever else strikes my fancy!

Honored Contributor

@06greatwife wrote:

The rotisserie chickens are really good. Also their prepared chicken salad and the bake and serve fettuccini alfredo is good also. I can't tell you how many seven pound chocolate cakes out of the bakery I have bought over the years of being a Costco member. Let's just say too many. They are wonderful though if you need to take a dessert somewhere. One cake will feed a small army! Their Kirkland brand of olive oil is pretty good too. I definitely love their brand of bar bath soap and their dryer sheets. Also their cut flower bouquets are really pretty. 

@06greatwife, when you mention the chocolate cake, is it the round layer one or the sheet cake?  I have never tried that layer cake.  And probably won't so I won't lust after it-- lol.