Honored Contributor

They are partying on Padre Island too....no sense of responsibility and no conscience either.....  A lot of retired people live in these small Texas coastal towns too....Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

It's just too easy to blame the authorities, and it's a cop-out.  Authorities don't take anyone to raise.  People are responsible for themselves.  They were all told to stay home.  The selfish ones, those who think they're the only ones on the planet, hoarded all the TP, hand sanitizer, etc., and then chose to go on vacation, putting themselves and others at risk.  Apparently, vacation locations aren't experiencing shut-downs like everywhere else.  However, if they are and the vacationers are inconvenienced or without, too bad, so sad.  

Super Contributor

And did you see the huge crowds on the final night before Walt Disney World closed? Wall to wall people!

wdw.jpg

wdw2.jpg

Valued Contributor

Governor of Florida will not close beaches. It's each county for themselves. 
Many young people on Springbreak  interviewed boasted "We are not following the rules". Disgusted, too.

Simon owned malls in Miami, Ft.Lauderdale, and Palm Beaches closed.

Just announced drive in testing will start with select people.

Number of cases increased 100+ since yesterday.

I have been staying in. Canceled my hair appointment today. Stylist not happy and I will not be either !

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I can't believe the authorities in4CA53A58-CC06-46F5-A0DA-3CD6DFE755B2.jpeg

Pinellas County and Clearwater Beach allowed huge gatherings of spring breakers all over the beaches there. Throngs of people in close proximity.  Beaches in S. FL  and in many Florida counties are closed to help contain the virus. It's incomprehensible that a local government could be this lax when it comes to public health. This virus spreads exponentially. The only way to slow the exponential spread is through social distancing, home confinement and isolation of the infected once tested. What has happened there will create a multitude of cases, as these people return home and spread the virus. We are on the tipping point in terms of containment and this has probably pointed us in the wrong direction. Irresponsible, selfish, outrageous and disgusting. 

And not just there. There were HUGE spring break parties in south Texas and last weekend there were big St Patrick's Day celebrations in cities, despite Boston shutting down the official parade. Horrifying.

Honored Contributor

How is it okay to walk the streets of cities,with other people , and not okay to walk the beach with people?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Sometimes the young (in this case) need a wake-up call.  Maybe Covid 19 will be it.  When one of them comes down with it or gives it to a loved one or friend.....maybe then???

It's sad and concerning when you look at these pictures and see so many selfish people congregated together in one place.  If I had to caption the picture it would be.......

It's All About Me

______

I agree.  A crowded party scenario was shown on the news during Spring break in Florida.  One of the young partying girls, was sounding off to the press about how it's her right, and how people were exaggerating the COVID situation.  She looked wasted.

Then, the camera showed a crowded hotel poolside, in which youngsters were smoking, vaping, and drinking to excess. Shoulder to shoulder, packed in like sardines. I guess they don't realize that smoking, vaping, and large amounts of alcohol suppress your immune system!  So darned oblivious to the fact this is a pandemic!