Honored Contributor

Things to Ponder and Everything Else.....

So when one door closes another opens...well..kinda.

OK, so I heard on TMZ that with toilet paper in scarce supply but bidets are selling like crazy....up over 200%!

Babies will be born in 9-91/2 months (like snow days).  I have 5 family members who are RN's and they all say it is definitely true.

Credit debt is already in the Trillions (with a T).  Think about it.  When was the last time you saw someone pay cash or write a check (same as cash) for anything.  My daughter pays them off every month, always, but many people just 'let them ride'.  With little or no money coming in .....good luck on that one.  PS some things don't seem to wait!

Please join in.  Think of some of the changes.

On TMZ the one guy said he's never had an argument in 5 years with his room mate, but on Sunday the room mate wanted to go to a birthday party where there would be over 10 people there.

The TMZ guy said he wasn't happy the guy would be back from being with all those people (possibly bringing the virus with him).  The solution....the guy didn't go to the party.

Who has seen the Max and Mel Brooks advertisement about the Virus.  It's preceless, everyone should see it.

Here it is:https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mel-brooks-son-max-made-155743821.html

Come on....join in .... use your imagination...what changes....

Oh!  I know one more....I think the kids are going to get even more dumb!  Kinda kidding....

OMG!  Just the though of trying to teach my girls when they were young (especially sub-teens).  I thought I was going to pull my hair out (I had more back in those days...(hair that is)).

Oh!  Yes, I think us Americans are going to get even fatter....Home+Food+bored=fat

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Things to Ponder and Everything Else.....

[ Edited ]

On the other hand, it was reported this morning on the news that after the very long quarantines in China, there have been many applications for divorces. I guess "familiarity really does breed contempt," as the saying goes, once the period of familiarity goes beyond the boundaries of tolerance.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Welcome back. How did your break from these forums go for you? 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut  Why thank you!  I always enjoy life (every day above ground is a good day).

With that in mind, my break from here went well.

I did miss the soap updates though.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the Brooks' family PSA link.  You're right, @Annabellethecat66 , it's great!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

On the other hand, it was reported this morning on the news that after the very long quarantines in China, there have been many applications for divorces. I guess "familiarity really does breed contempt," as the saying goes, once the period of familiarity goes beyond the boundaries of tolerance.

==============================================

"Divorce" ... also came to mind. 

Just yesterday when my dog jumped on my lap I was thinking, I'd go nuts if I were stuck in the house with him all day.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

When was the last time you saw someone pay cash or write a check (same as cash) for anything.

I'm a cash & carry gal as well as a check writer.  Matter of fact, I went to the bank this a.m. to pick up my newest order of checks. 

The Q accepts checks.  If they want my $$$ they better accept.

Amazon also accepts checks.

My CC has cobwebs on it.  Gets brushed off if I make a $1000+ purchase.

===================

Totally agree about a lot of babies will be born in 9 1/2 months.  So expect to see a lot a expentant mothers in the next few months. Smiley LOL

While out & about today, the skateboarders are out in full force.  They are using the movie theaters parking lot to practice their stunts.

Now get this.....there are 2 skateboard parks in the city I live in.  Both empty. Smiley LOL

Ran into a girl who just got hired by Amazon on the spot!  She had been unemployed for over a year.  So that is a good thing.  Unemployment Insurance won't cripple the State. 

Gas station down the street from me selling gas for $1.99/gal.  So I went in to "top off."  Cost me $3.50. Smiley LOL   Owner told me for the rest of the year he will keep it at that price or lower as the months go by.

Ordered takeout from TGIF.  Business is booming per manager.  They ran out of Baby Back Ribs whole slab dinner which is on sale this week $12.99.  I was lucky.  I was one of the ones that got in on the new shipment.

Manager indicated, all prices will be reduced until at least August.  Price reduction will start next month.

NOW WHERE IS MY $1000???? whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Just yesterday when my dog jumped on my lap I was thinking, I'd go nuts if I were stuck in the house with him all day.

Just so you know, @RinaRina , no one, even under the mandatory "shelter-in-place" orders, are stuck in the house all day.

Dog walking is allowed and encouraged (so long as you stay the recommended distance away from others).

I've been in the house all day with my dog mostly all day even before "these times," and sure, it might be a bit much for some people, but for me it's heaven.  "Homegirl" didn't come out of nowhere!  ;-)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RinaRina   I feel just the opposite about my dog and cat.  I'd go nuts if I didn't have them to keep me company.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau