Honored Contributor

I use my bank online but it does not allow the deposit of checks. I had a check to deposit and my husband was going to go to the bank drive through. I stopped him and I went to my online account and found out I must download their app to photo deposit a check. I've avoided their app. I don't trust app security very much but went ahead and added the app so I could deposit the check. It was easy except that the instructions for writing where the deposit should go showed up after I wrote my acc# and the words "For deposit only" on the back. Then I added the words the bank instructed. I hope they take the deposit. The instructions should have been on the first screen BEFORE I started my deposit. Oh well, just glad for online services in this crisis.

Valued Contributor

Re: Depositing checks online

I've been doing this for a while now.  As long as the endorsement says For Deposit only to ABC Bank, you should be OK.  You will get a notification if it's not accepted.  

In fact, I need to transfer some funds to another bank soon and I'll either write myself a check and mobile deposit or see if I can Venmo the $$ to the other account.  

Stay safe and healthy.

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

I've been doing this for years. Never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

I hae been doing this with Chase Manhattan for years

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

I've been doing this for a while now.  As long as the endorsement says For Deposit only to ABC Bank, you should be OK.  You will get a notification if it's not accepted.  

In fact, I need to transfer some funds to another bank soon and I'll either write myself a check and mobile deposit or see if I can Venmo the $$ to the other account.  

Stay safe and healthy.

I wrote this but I also wrote another "For deposit only" into xxxx bank with acc#xxxxx too. Just hope it goes through. 

Honored Contributor

I have used my credit union’s phone app for 90% of my banking for years and I love it. I edeposit checks using the app. No problems.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I hae been doing this with Chase Manhattan for years

Does your bank email you after a deposit?

Valued Contributor

Not sure if they email but you might want to check the app to see if they left a message there and to verify the amount was deposited for you.

Helen852
Honored Contributor

I don’t get an email. The E deposit shows up on the deposit list immediately. And within a couple of minutes when I log out and log back in again the amount is credited into my account. The only time there’s been a delay in seeing the actual check amount in my account is sometimes on a holiday or a Sunday night. It’s never been longer than next day.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D I just did the same.  I checked online to see if the deposits went through and it looks like all of them did.  I’m not keen on using the phone app and like the chitchat with the teller, but under these circumstances I went with the app.  I must say it was easy.