Esteemed Contributor

I Had Fun With My Friends Last Night

Last night my friend invited me over to hang out with him and his husband.

Yes, we maintained social distance, but it was nice to just connect with someone face to face.

We talked  and watched tv, and had a few drinks.

It was good to just get out of the house for a few hours.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: I Had Fun With My Friends Last Night

I'm glad you had fun with your good friends  If I were to socilize  I'd  have a cookout or picnic where we could all be outside and distanced.

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Nice!!  We all need to get back to being normal and still stay safe.  Good to hear you're able to enjoy yourself!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did my Meals On Wheels route yesterday. We had to take some extra precautions like wearing gloves while handling the meals and maintaining social distance. I also used Clorox wipes to wipe down the inside of the car.   Our clients need their food and they need to see another human every day so this service has to be kept going.  It was good for both our clients and the other volunteers to have one normal thing in our lives. 

Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 , good on you for following through on your committment to do a MOW run.  Locally, we have not had a lot of volunteer call-outs, so clients are getting the food they need.  The only food they get in some cases.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your choice to entertain friends . Would not be mine. 

Esteemed Contributor

Julia Christina over on YouTube might give you some peace of mind. She gives her credentials right off the bat. Her videos on mental health are awesome. I have watched ALL of them. She just now put one out on Corona Anxiety.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Sounds fun @Anonymous032819. Today is a sunny 50 in my neck of the woods so headed out to go kayaking & then do a little shopping. Enjoy the day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee :

There is no question that I would honor my committment to bring food to people who need it. Our clients need not only the meals, but sometimes we are the only people they see all day. Most of the volunteers at my site are over 70 and we are all in the risk group but at least we are able to get out and around whereas many of our clients are not. I have been doing this for many years and hope to continue many more no matter what curve balls get thrown at us.