Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Love to be cremated but my suviving family would not allow it.  Religion and all that good stuff.  LOL

@bonnielu  My grandfather wanted to be cremated but his siblings talked him out of it for religious reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Creamation or Burial?

[ Edited ]

I will have a mass and placed in a mauoleum. Most of my friends and family has decided their final resting places

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Cremation for me joined with the ashes of my four-legged kitties to be scattered, location to be decided.  No services.

You may want information about the disposal of ashes in your local area. 

Respected Contributor

Cremation.  No funeral.

Respected Contributor

We attend an old church (1831) that has it's own cemetery. Plots there were very inexpensive, so DH & I bought one for each of us, and that's where we'll be. I believe having a simple funeral can often be important for those left behind, just to say goodbye. I know I found great comfort in my Mom's and my in-laws' services.

We rarely visit their graves...we believe that only their shells are there, and they are in a better place. The cemetery is well-kept however, as is the one we'll be buried in, so no worries about that. DH & I have no children, so I doubt our graves will ever be visited...and that's OK!

Honored Contributor
I will have traditional burial in the same beautiful cemetery where my mother and grandmother are.