Contributor

Creamation or Burial?

[ Edited ]

Creamation or burial?    Me,   I want to be creamated.  My DH is donating his body to science.

Honored Contributor

Cremation for my family.   

Honored Contributor

Cremation for me.  

But another option is for burial of the cremated remains. 

Honored Contributor

I want to be composted, it will soon be available in the state of Washington in 2020, if I'm not mistaken. I did sign up online to be notified when it's up and running. Cremation is very polluting  and regular burial takes up too much space and is susceptible to damage and polluting in floods and earth quakes.

Respected Contributor

Cremation.  My DH and I just want to be cremanted.  No service, no funeral home and no wake/party afterwards.  I feel like when you are gone, you are gone.  The people who loved you will always remember you and never forget.  I cannot stand the hypocrisy (sp?) of funerals.  Everyone gets together like it is some kind of happy social gathering. I believe the people who really cared about you should have been there for you no matter what when you were alive.  I went to a funeral years ago and it was like everyone was networking.  It was so fake . These people were never there for the deceased when he was alive.  I never go to funerals.  I remember those who pass always and they are in my hearts always.  

Honored Contributor

Cremation for us.  Both of my parents were cremated also.  My in-laws had traditional burial. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals ...I tend to feel like you do about death, and what to do when that time comes....I am bothered about what to do with the ashes...and if you bury them at a cemetery.....no service at all when that is done?  I sometimes think there should be a short service with a prayer....I go back and forth about what to do.  

I have no kids, little family, DH has two kids, and I think they will go along with what their dad and I plan....there will certainly be no viewing, funeral etc...

Honored Contributor

Green burial

Honored Contributor

Cremation.  Both my husband and I will be cremated.  I want a purse urn.  

My mom, who died this past Feb. at 98 was so against cremation.  She was livid about it when the subject came up.  I always lived on fear of me going first.  I told my husband to get a "stunt" coffin, then cremate me after a funeral, if I go before her.    She always said you can't get cremated, you will kill me.  I think my grandmother and grandfather on her side were religiously against it.  In the years my mom grew up, cremation was not done often.  In her town they just didnt do it.  You had to be sent away by train to get to crematorium.  She lived in Santa Rosa, ca

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I want to be composted, it will soon be available in the state of Washington in 2020, if I'm not mistaken. I did sign up online to be notified when it's up and running. Cremation is very polluting  and regular burial takes up too much space and is susceptible to damage and polluting in floods and earth quakes.

Is this also called a water cremation?   They do this in my state for pets.  When I had my kitty put to sleep, the vet gave me options, and that’s what I chose