gardensla, I agree about constructive complaining
and we discussed it in the thread but this topic is
CHRONIC complaining.

✌️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ••• COMPLAINING •••

@newziesuzie wrote:

I saved this from a Facebook blog a few years ago and feel like posting it.

EDITING to POINT OUT:

It's regarding CHRONIC COMPLAINING
not ALL complaining.
(I'm not yelling but I can't use bold or colors etc on my
iPad to make words stand out.)
✌️
::

"The act of complaining is more than simply negative because what you're saying is negative.

That negativity impacts your life. When you complain, you're focusing on what is WRONG as opposed to what is RIGHT.

Since we are all made up of energy, our thoughts, feelings, words carry energy as well.

The negative vibration that stems from complaining goes out into the universe, grabs other negative things, and brings them into your life in the form of unfulfilling relationships, careers, etc.

I have a challenge for you.

It requires you to be very aware and mindful, to have some present moment consciousness as I like to call it.

Take one day―a solid 24 hours―and every time you start to complain, catch yourself, and stop.

How often do you want to complain and say something negative?

It may be more often than you think. Know that bringing awareness to the habit is the first step in overcoming it and replacing it with a more positive one.

How did the challenge go for you? What did you learn? Maybe you can dig deeper and get to the root of why you complain and the dissatisfaction you feel.

Your emotional wellbeing and relationships
are worth the time and effort
to overcome
the CHRONIC COMPLAINER SYNDROME.

You don’t like being around a complainer, and neither does anyone else. Be the positivity you want to draw to you." ~Terri Cole, The Uncomplain Challenge

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

~Mahatma Gandhi"

(It's from positivelypositive.com)

❤️peace❤️

I had seen this last month but never posted on it, but thought what you printed out was very deep: I think of this as almost a rule to be kind, The consideration for others.  I would want to be that person.

For instant, In estimating the value of an acquaintance or (even a friend), we give a preference to intellectual or convivial moral qualities. The truth here, _"newziesuzie"_ is that our habitual conversation/relationship with others, we much oftener require to be amused than assisted, relating to complaining.  So I really appreciate that you had taken the time to post it~

I am copying this for a card I am making. Thank you so much. 

```HI and how has your day gone? Haa - I was here much earlier but just briefly scanned over a few then found myself watching one of those who dunit movies with my husband. You know.....one of those man 'things'. I started to watch 3 minutes of a beauty show and hear -'oh geesh' -not another one. The old movie won out.............

See you later. Ah, I wanted to say the ladies here are as nutty as I am BUT good ones. 

Also, we all want to check back later on SHOWME's eye vision. She's so dearly sweet during this difficult time.

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like complaining about complainers which is also complaining.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Thanks for your nice post Naes!  I wasn't ever reading Showme's thread until I had a answer for her question on another thread

about the small text and I knew it was important to her.

She's such a sweet and inspiring person who I admire.❤️

I'm glad you like this thread!

I try to stay positive and grateful 

but I don't always do it as much as I 

hope to.

Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Thats a good point as well Irishgirl! Lol!  It's a fine line I guess.

😊

Esteemed Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

😊

It is a fine line. I get what you are saying and while I have no problem with complaining and getting it off your chest, anything more than that is just negative for the complainer. I have very few people who are close to me in my life who wallow in negativity. Some have had some really tough blows in life and they would have reason to be complainers and they aren't. They focus on the positive. I use them as examples because if they don't complain about tough stuff that has happened to them, it makes me not want to wallow in negativity either.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

😊

It is a fine line. I get what you are saying and while I have no problem with complaining and getting it off your chest, anything more than that is just negative for the complainer. I have very few people who are close to me in my life who wallow in negativity. Some have had some really tough blows in life and they would have reason to be complainers and they aren't. They focus on the positive. I use them as examples because if they don't complain about tough stuff that has happened to them, it makes me not want to wallow in negativity either.

great points, I think some complaining let's the "steam off" which is healthier.  From your posts I know you've been through a lot which I don't think I could handle as well as you do.  Hope your doing well now.  You're another poster, like Showme, whom I admire and your posts are so interesting.

😊

Respected Contributor

Embarrassed Dog Cringes At The Thought Of Its Past Mistakes

Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree with the OP.

We should be grateful every single day for all our blessings. Chronic complainers are negative people who are determined to be unhappy and they want to drag you down into the muck and mire with them.

I stay away.

Of course one must speak up to right an injustice or something - totally different subject.

Valued Contributor

Great posting this!   Complaining seems to be a regular thing here.  I refuse to be around negative people.  Negative attitudes are contagious.

With my health I've been to h*ll and back, all with a smile on my face.  I refused to change my outlook on life.  I'm a late stage cancer survivor, it's been 8 years now.  In my 40's is when I got sick.  Had strokes, 11 surgeries, and developed heart problems.  Throw in constant pain and an aneurysm.

Everyday I smile and love those around me!  Everyday is PERFECT!