Respected Contributor

Re: ••• COMPLAINING •••

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Sounds like complaining about complainers which is also complaining.

Thats a good point as well Irishgirl! Lol!  It's a fine line I guess.

😊

It is a fine line. I get what you are saying and while I have no problem with complaining and getting it off your chest, anything more than that is just negative for the complainer. I have very few people who are close to me in my life who wallow in negativity. Some have had some really tough blows in life and they would have reason to be complainers and they aren't. They focus on the positive. I use them as examples because if they don't complain about tough stuff that has happened to them, it makes me not want to wallow in negativity either.

I think you have done exceptionally well dealing with your health issues. You are always upbeat adding a lot of grace to this forum. I have read your posts when you were hospitalized and you are always someone who never gives in to self-pity. I have learned a lot from you, Irsh.

I look forward to continuing to post here with you. I love your "style" and always wanting to help others. Heart

Respected Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

I saved this from a Facebook blog a few years ago and feel like posting it.

EDITING to POINT OUT:

It's regarding CHRONIC COMPLAINING
not ALL complaining.
(I'm not yelling but I can't use bold or colors etc on my
iPad to make words stand out.)
✌️
::

"The act of complaining is more than simply negative because what you're saying is negative.

That negativity impacts your life. When you complain, you're focusing on what is WRONG as opposed to what is RIGHT.

Since we are all made up of energy, our thoughts, feelings, words carry energy as well.

The negative vibration that stems from complaining goes out into the universe, grabs other negative things, and brings them into your life in the form of unfulfilling relationships, careers, etc.

I have a challenge for you.

It requires you to be very aware and mindful, to have some present moment consciousness as I like to call it.

Take one day―a solid 24 hours―and every time you start to complain, catch yourself, and stop.

How often do you want to complain and say something negative?

It may be more often than you think. Know that bringing awareness to the habit is the first step in overcoming it and replacing it with a more positive one.

How did the challenge go for you? What did you learn? Maybe you can dig deeper and get to the root of why you complain and the dissatisfaction you feel.

Your emotional wellbeing and relationships
are worth the time and effort
to overcome
the CHRONIC COMPLAINER SYNDROME.

You don’t like being around a complainer, and neither does anyone else. Be the positivity you want to draw to you." ~Terri Cole, The Uncomplain Challenge

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

~Mahatma Gandhi"

(It's from positivelypositive.com)

❤️peace❤️

Thanks for posting, Suzie. It really is important and I like the part about keeping your values postive.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@VioletEyes wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Sounds like complaining about complainers which is also complaining.

Thats a good point as well Irishgirl! Lol!  It's a fine line I guess.

😊

It is a fine line. I get what you are saying and while I have no problem with complaining and getting it off your chest, anything more than that is just negative for the complainer. I have very few people who are close to me in my life who wallow in negativity. Some have had some really tough blows in life and they would have reason to be complainers and they aren't. They focus on the positive. I use them as examples because if they don't complain about tough stuff that has happened to them, it makes me not want to wallow in negativity either.

I think you have done exceptionally well dealing with your health issues. You are always upbeat adding a lot of grace to this forum. I have read your posts when you were hospitalized and you are always someone who never gives in to self-pity. I have learned a lot from you, Irsh.

I look forward to continuing to post here with you. I love your "style" and always wanting to help others. Heart

Wow, thank you so much! That is very nice of you to say.  I do have my freak out moments for sure and I do get down but I try to keep the negative  temporary and the positive in the permanent. Sometimes I am better doing that than others.

BTW, I had no idea you were VE when you went to SRD. I had posted several shout out threads looking for VE and then when I posted with you as SRD, I knew there was something about you as we agreed on so many things and even when we didn't we always had interesting conversations that I took a lot away from. Glad to know you are back and look forward to posting lots more with you!!! Heart

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So the OP is complaining about the complaining....interesting! Cat Wink

There's another side of the coin too....if those American patriots hadn't complained about taxation and lack of freedom maybe America wouldn't have existed....and think about the laws that were passed because the "complainers" wantd to make things better....

And I do have a "gratitude journal" and am thankful for the good things in life too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Yes I guess the article complains about chronic complaining.  We go in circles sometimes lol.  I like the positivity of it though.  Something I've been trying to work on.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Yes I guess the article complains about chronic complaining.  We go in circles sometimes lol.  I like the positivity of it though.  Something I've been trying to work on.

😊

@newziesuzie  Hi NEWZIESUZIE----  I bet everyone has something that gets on their nerves.  And I understand what your saying, it's definitely NOT good to always be negative and when complaining has become a way of life---those people are not fun to be around.  Now there is constructive complaining in the hopes to improve something (which is what I do on some of my posts about QVC, because I have seen a definite decline in programming and products and quality)....but I always try to interject a bit of humor in it to lighten it up a bit.......What's the saying, "laughter is good medicine" Smiley Wink

Peace!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”