Respected Contributor

••• COMPLAINING •••

[ Edited ]

I saved this from a Facebook blog a few years ago and feel like posting it.

EDITING to POINT OUT:

It's regarding CHRONIC COMPLAINING
not ALL complaining.
(I'm not yelling but I can't use bold or colors etc on my
iPad to make words stand out.)
✌️
::

"The act of complaining is more than simply negative because what you're saying is negative.

That negativity impacts your life. When you complain, you're focusing on what is WRONG as opposed to what is RIGHT.

Since we are all made up of energy, our thoughts, feelings, words carry energy as well.

The negative vibration that stems from complaining goes out into the universe, grabs other negative things, and brings them into your life in the form of unfulfilling relationships, careers, etc.

I have a challenge for you.

It requires you to be very aware and mindful, to have some present moment consciousness as I like to call it.

Take one day―a solid 24 hours―and every time you start to complain, catch yourself, and stop.

How often do you want to complain and say something negative?

It may be more often than you think. Know that bringing awareness to the habit is the first step in overcoming it and replacing it with a more positive one.

How did the challenge go for you? What did you learn? Maybe you can dig deeper and get to the root of why you complain and the dissatisfaction you feel.

Your emotional wellbeing and relationships
are worth the time and effort
to overcome
the CHRONIC COMPLAINER SYNDROME.

You don’t like being around a complainer, and neither does anyone else. Be the positivity you want to draw to you." ~Terri Cole, The Uncomplain Challenge

Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

~Mahatma Gandhi"

(It's from positivelypositive.com)

❤️peace❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Re: ••• The UN-COMPLAIN Challenge •••

Sounds like the same author of the gossip poem, lol.  There's nothing wrong with complaining, in fact I'd find people who never do so kinda strange.......

Trusted Contributor

Re: ••• COMPLAINING •••

@newziesuzie, thanks for that!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

I like this.  great to keep in mind. And true.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes people like excuses for negative behavior imho
but in the long run I think it's physically harmful
to the complainer when it's CHRONIC constant complaining,

I think even doctors would tell us that
(the author is a therapist and I think Gandhi was very wise imho)

Sydney
It doesn't say people should NEVER
complain.😊

Adelina and Susan
You're welcome!😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Webster - 'express grief, pain, discontent, something that is the cause of protest or outcry'
Chronic petty complaining is never good, but there are instances where complaining is good and necessary. Examples: wrongs that need to be made right, injustices that need to be corrected, wrongdoers that need to be stopped.
Super Contributor

Something I read somewhere, cut out and taped to my computer desk:

"Thoughts become things ... choose the good ones" ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Thank you for posting this!

Yes, complaining is a slippery slope....the more you do it, the better you get at it. No one wants to hear you randomly complain. A BFF, a spouse...it's ok to set time to vent to them, but just being randomly grumpy to total strangers...not cool.

Complaining on these boards, to total strangers, makes me think the poster has burnt too many bridges w/ his/her friends & family so the only place they can vent is here. Just constantly complaining about the same thing (celebrities, vendors, hosts) over and over and over and over again REALLY says a lot about that grumpy person. Who would want to be around someone like that? No one. That's why they're here! Smiley Tongue

I DO have to say this clunky new format has tempered my visits here...and yes, I have a happier mindset. Reading all the negativity can leave a major footprint on your mind.

"A happy person is not a happy person
in a certain set of circumstances,
but rather a person
with a certain set of attitudes."

---Hugh Downs
Respected Contributor

If it weren't for complaining some posters would have nothing to add to the forums.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think everyone has kvetchy (sp?) days, it's just human nature.  But this topic made me think about different cultures and how they view complaining.

We have sayings like "the squeaky wheel gets fixed first" or words to that effect.  Translation: If you don't complain, the problem will not go away.

The Japanese have a contrary saying, something like "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down first."  Translation: Complaining can backfire.