Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

I ordered a rollerball a few years ago from Sephora, and didn't like it. I returned it to the Sephora inside JC Penny's here locally. When they gave me the return receipt it was for $5.00 less than I had paid for it. I asked, and the supervisor said the online prices were sometimes higher, and the clerk credited the in store price. She did fix the issue. After that, I never shopped with them again. 

I'm surprised you even got any $ back from the JCP Sephora. They are considered separate stores from the mall Sephoras. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

They merged the points and purchases with the JP stores years ago. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I was in recently at a JCP Sephora and couldn't return a mall store item to them. Yes, points are merged but if you bought it at a JCP Sephora you cannot bring it back to a mall Sephora and vice versa.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

I ordered a rollerball a few years ago from Sephora, and didn't like it. I returned it to the Sephora inside JC Penny's here locally. When they gave me the return receipt it was for $5.00 less than I had paid for it. I asked, and the supervisor said the online prices were sometimes higher, and the clerk credited the in store price. She did fix the issue. After that, I never shopped with them again. 

I have never heard of this ever, and I've shopped at Sephora for 20 years. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

For the last few years Ulta has been my local go to I like their point system and their discounts much better.

Same here.  Since Ulta opened a store in my area, I rarely go to Sephora anymore 

Respected Contributor

They built a ulta near me so I never go to Sephora much anymore.  When I do, they bug me constantly.  Every aisle I go down there is someone asking if they can help me.   I usually go on a week day since I don't work and they have so many employees in there and not many customers. 

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

The only "perk" for me is that I can get 20% off items I use or give as gifts every year; especially as these items RARELY if ever go on sale. Since I only buy during that sale and because it's in the Fall (right before the holidays), I make one huge purchase and that's that.

I have over 10,000 points because there is NOTHING I want and, like everyone else mentioned, the good stuff is always gone. 

The bad news is they are now going to have their points expire at the end of each year. Even more of a reason to shop elsewhere.

No, that information isn't correct.

Here's the info copied from the email I got about it

If you don't make a purchase, earn points, or redeem points, your Beauty Insider points will now expire after 18 months. As an active Beauty Insider member, these changes do not currently affect you. Don’t worry—should you become inactive in 2018 we will provide you with multiple reminders before your points expire if you are subscribed to our emails.

Ok. So it's 18 months and not a year; sorry. They still expire instead of just adding up. I asked the manager at my local Sephora why they're doing this and she said she had no idea but the complaints are overwhelming.

It doesn't make any sense as they're always out of stock on most things. I don't give a ****** about the points, so they can take them away whenever they want. The only thing I want is the 20% off. If THAT goes, bye bye Sephora for me.

No they don't expire after 18 months UNLESS you make zero purchases for that full 18 months. 

I agree with you though, the good points gifts are always sold out instantaneously.  I currently have several thousand points with nothing to spend it on.  Sometimes they have good 100 point rewards.  I also love the 20% once per year and they will also occaisionally send me 10% off or $20 off $100 spent.  I wish theirs was like Ulta--I currently have $2,000 points which means I have $125 credit!!!  

Valued Contributor
Were you given a choice of the birthday gift? You should have. I was in person at one of their stores and was told I could pick either the Tarte or Caudalie skin care. I chose the Tarte because I ordered Elemis from the Q so I'm stocked up on skincare. I do think, though, that Sephora's website has to be one of the worst in online retail. They were always my go-to makeup store and Ulta used to be the evil stepsister of makeup stores. However, I find myself going to Ulta more than Sephora. I do love Sephora's own waterproof eyeliner, so I still go there for that. But I have to give props to Ulta for stepping up their game. Their point system is excellent. After so many points, you get a discount off of your bill. Not only that, but I noticed they seem to be getting more and more makeup brands in. I also like that Mally and It Cosmetics is there. If something is sold out at the Q or I'm not sure of a color, etc., I can check it out at Ulta.
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Sephora.  It was great for the first few years but now it is a crowded mess of people smearing around in the samples.  Ick.  

Ulta is ok, but has a limited selection of brands.  

I usually buy online from Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, Mario Badescu or Trish McEvoy--and I don't buy a lot.  Makeup counters are just gross now. 

Honored Contributor

When will I ever learn? I placed an order, picked my 3 samples, and guess how many I got, none! I don't know why Sephora offers you a choice, they should just send you any 3 they feel like!