Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jordan2, if you have a Sephora in your area, you can just go and pick up your birthday gift.

I'm curious, though, as to why you didn't return those items? Just wondering. :-)

@suzyQ3, I don't have a Sephora near me, I wish I did. I wanted what I ordered, I wouldn't return something I got for free. 

@Jordan2, I must have skimmed your post. :-) Yes, I think that returning free items would be evidence of a mind gone astray.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm very pale and cool toned and the blush works fine for me. I even like the lippie, even though I really don't go for nudes. I'm glad I chose it over the skincare options. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

The only "perk" for me is that I can get 20% off items I use or give as gifts every year; especially as these items RARELY if ever go on sale. Since I only buy during that sale and because it's in the Fall (right before the holidays), I make one huge purchase and that's that.

I have over 10,000 points because there is NOTHING I want and, like everyone else mentioned, the good stuff is always gone. 

The bad news is they are now going to have their points expire at the end of each year. Even more of a reason to shop elsewhere.

No, that information isn't correct.

Here's the info copied from the email I got about it

If you don't make a purchase, earn points, or redeem points, your Beauty Insider points will now expire after 18 months. As an active Beauty Insider member, these changes do not currently affect you. Don’t worry—should you become inactive in 2018 we will provide you with multiple reminders before your points expire if you are subscribed to our emails.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

The only "perk" for me is that I can get 20% off items I use or give as gifts every year; especially as these items RARELY if ever go on sale. Since I only buy during that sale and because it's in the Fall (right before the holidays), I make one huge purchase and that's that.

I have over 10,000 points because there is NOTHING I want and, like everyone else mentioned, the good stuff is always gone. 

The bad news is they are now going to have their points expire at the end of each year. Even more of a reason to shop elsewhere.

No, that information isn't correct.

Here's the info copied from the email I got about it

If you don't make a purchase, earn points, or redeem points, your Beauty Insider points will now expire after 18 months. As an active Beauty Insider member, these changes do not currently affect you. Don’t worry—should you become inactive in 2018 we will provide you with multiple reminders before your points expire if you are subscribed to our emails.

Ok. So it's 18 months and not a year; sorry. They still expire instead of just adding up. I asked the manager at my local Sephora why they're doing this and she said she had no idea but the complaints are overwhelming.

It doesn't make any sense as they're always out of stock on most things. I don't give a ****** about the points, so they can take them away whenever they want. The only thing I want is the 20% off. If THAT goes, bye bye Sephora for me.

Honored Contributor

I think Sephora's CS is great. DD bought a foundation there, tried it a few times but finally gave up, so decided to return it. By the time she remembered to do it, it was about 9 months later, and she had no receipt. They took it back with no questions asked and credited her account!

I have no problem with the new policy of points expiring. The way I see it, if I don't make at least one purchase within 18 months, I don't deserve to be an "insider"! I can pick up a makeup sponge for $2 and it's still a purchase! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love Sephora and have always received great service. But I do go to the store. They will give you samples of products you want to try. And I use my points when I can.

As far as the free gifts, if I don't like them, I give them to someone that will use them.

You must be light-handed with the Tarte blush.

Honored Contributor

For the last few years Ulta has been my local go to I like their point system and their discounts much better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

I was in a Canadian Sephora store today and I noticed a massive price increase in the price of Nest fragrances. They now cost $95 dollars CDN for 1.7 oz of eau de parfum. I sure didn't pay that much last November when I bought the bottle of Nest Paradise using  their yearly promotion code in store.

I won't be a VIB member after this year because I haven't bought enough stuff and that's fine with me. I like looking and trying on fragrances but I won't be price gouged.

Trusted Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

I love Sephora and have always received great service. But I do go to the store. They will give you samples of products you want to try. And I use my points when I can.

As far as the free gifts, if I don't like them, I give them to someone that will use them.

You must be light-handed with the Tarte blush.

I agree, really like the service in Sephora.  I find them much more generous with samples than Ulta (also Ulta does not give out foundation samples which is really annoying).  I'm not sure about online, but in my area the Ulta stores are much more likely to be out of stock than the Sephora stores.

I'm very fair and like the birthday gift Tarte blush.  Agree that you need a light hand, but I find that's almost always the case for me with blushes that are pigmented.  I also typically find Sephora birthday gifts are much more generous than Ulta (my Ulta birthday month was a sample size mascara).  No biggie to me if I don't like the gift...you don't have to buy anything to get it.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a rollerball a few years ago from Sephora, and didn't like it. I returned it to the Sephora inside JC Penny's here locally. When they gave me the return receipt it was for $5.00 less than I had paid for it. I asked, and the supervisor said the online prices were sometimes higher, and the clerk credited the in store price. She did fix the issue. After that, I never shopped with them again.