Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 LuluCCS said:

I don't remember him and I don't know who he is. What's his claim to fame? I didn't see the show.

Jose Eber came from France in the 60's. He had apprenticed for years there. Long story shorter. He worked in a salon with others, then opened his own salon in Beverly Hills, off Rodeo. His claim to fame was celebrity hair! He began the Farrah Fawcett hair cut, and many others. In the 70's a haircut called the "lioness", and "shag" was soooo popular. He had a method of brushing the long hair up into sort of a ponytail, then whacking the hair off at a certain point in one swipe! Then the layering would appear, and you would go in and clean it up. He has always done Cher (when she had hair) Barbra, Farrah, Liz Taylor and many, many others. His real claim to fame is his talent with bone structure, of the face. He creates a cut for the person and their facial structure. He always wants you to look like you, and not use somebody else's hair cut.

farrah 1970. EVERYONE wanted a Farrah cut just about. But few actually got the right cut!

this was the photo that launched a million ships

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 celiac sue said:

Jacqueline Smith

Thank you! it was bugging me! LOL!

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 Grace K said: Connie has said twice now that Jose Eber has never put his name on any product. How many of you remember him being on HSN many years ago with his own products with his name on them? It would be hard to forget that hat. He's still wearing it!

That is a pretty big oops! lol.. Didn't anyone tell her he was on HSN before?

I do remember him very well. He was pretty popular at one time.

Honored Contributor

I remember him back from a long time ago, before I even knew about QVC or HSN.

I used to love seeing him on shows and getting his tips on hair.

Honored Contributor

Thanks shoekitty, you are amazing! You always know the answer. I'd have sat here forever trying to remember why he was famous!

It's the hat I remember too.

Honored Contributor

Jose Eber used to sell his products on the Q MANY YEARS ago with Susan Lucci as the spokesperson. He had salons in Beverly Hills and they both were on the Q together. Lucci swore by his products way back when.

Contributor

Jose was also the first (that I know of) who came out with clip-on extensions for the masses. He sold them on television shopping back in the beginning (I'm thinking late 80's, early 90s?). He was WAY before his time with that.

Super Contributor

OMG! Blast from my past! I always wanted him to do my hair....it was my biggest fantasy (back in the day). I think he was the first to cut hair for your face and bone structure. Ahead of his time. Ordered his spray just for fun.... want to see his presentations.

Contributor

Few words from me... he is good and this is coming from a costmetologist!

Super Contributor

softly09,

Do you know him or have you worked with him?