Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 softly09 said:

Few words from me... he is good and this is coming from a costmetologist!

He is good, and is a wonderful person. His work with abused women, or women with low self esteem is well known.

He just finished his new salon in BH after having it the same way for almost 40 years!My granddaughter goes to his salon when she has headshots. It is amazing!

I love this quote from him:

"The hair cut that I'm most proud of, to tell the truth, is the last one I ever did. I mean I hate to say that, but I mean the one I did yesterday is the hair cut I'm the most proud of. It's not going to be based on the celebrity that I did. It's going to be the one that I just did yesterday. I achieved a good hair cut, and I'm proud of it."

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 annabellethecat said:

Thanks shoekitty, you are amazing! You always know the answer. I'd have sat here forever trying to remember why he was famous!

It's the hat I remember too.

Thank you annabelle, and I hope you are feeling a bit better today!

Super Contributor
On 2/26/2014 LuluCCS said:

I don't remember him and I don't know who he is. What's his claim to fame? I didn't see the show.

Farrah Fawcett and other celebs of the '70s and '80s---bigtime celeb stylist---the Louis Licari and Ted Gibson of yesteryear.

Respected Contributor
Jose Eber and Vidal Sassoon both were very popular hairdressers and both had hair products with their names on them!!!
Trusted Contributor

I always wanted Jose to do my hair too. Shoekitty-you have the best back stories! Thanks for sharing. And I agree, Jaclyn Smith had the BEST hair-she still does too.

Contributor

Seeing the show with Amy right now, I think they might have been talking about he never put his name on a styling tool before - he has a hairdryer, a couple of flat irons and a curling iron right now.

This man is class personified. I also dreamt of having him cut my hair and Way Bandy do my makeup (then it was Kevyn Aucoin, but Way was THE ultimate talent).

Honored Contributor

I caught a few minutes of his show. I am glad Jose is back & I look forward to watching him...

I think we all dreamed of having him style our hair.

Super Contributor
On 2/26/2014 pink dogwood said:

Jose Eber used to sell his products on the Q MANY YEARS ago with Susan Lucci as the spokesperson. He had salons in Beverly Hills and they both were on the Q together. Lucci swore by his products way back when.

It was Fernando Romero -- not Jose Eber. I loved Susan Lucci's (Fernando's!) products!!

Super Contributor
On 2/26/2014 sharon818 said:

Seeing the show with Amy right now, I think they might have been talking about he never put his name on a styling tool before - he has a hairdryer, a couple of flat irons and a curling iron right now.

This man is class personified. I also dreamt of having him cut my hair and Way Bandy do my makeup (then it was Kevyn Aucoin, but Way was THE ultimate talent).

Ditto for me and Jose and Way Bandy. As a matter of fact, I was thinking of Way Bandy the other day. He said he used baby powder as a finishing powder because it was so finely milled. So I used it back then. NOW, no way do I want talc on my face so I wondered if my cornstarch baby powder would work. Pretty good! I'm guessing it's the same fine milling, maybe?

Super Contributor
On 2/26/2014 scottygal said:

OMG! Blast from my past! I always wanted him to do my hair....it was my biggest fantasy (back in the day). I think he was the first to cut hair for your face and bone structure. Ahead of his time. Ordered his spray just for fun.... want to see his presentations.

And his color! I had a book (it must have been the Shake Your Head Darling) showing before and afters. UNBELIEVABLE! Not only, as you say, cuts that were individualized - not just slap out a Dorothy Hamill wedge, but cuts that made your face come alive. And the most breathtaking, SURPRISING colors. Again, just made the face come alive. I would LOVE to put my head in his hands!