Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2014 MarbellaSpain said:

Jose Eber indeed had a line of hair products, in the 90s I think. I used a shampoo and conditioner and I bought them at his salon. My sister, friend and I all used his products for a while. I think then his products were available in drugstores.

Yes, you are right. I had his product back in 1992, at the old salon. He had a great spray too! I don't think he sold on internet like he does now (amazon, etc) until about 2000 flat irons, conditioner, etc.. That's what Ravi at salon mentioned once, but I could be wrong. But you are right about him having product at salon. It was okay. I guess for the 1990's it was good. Ingredients and shampoo's have just gotton better the last few years IMO.

Super Contributor

I loved watching him years and years ago. He was ahead of his time being so original. I would have tried his products then, but was too broke.

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2014 shoekitty said:
On 2/27/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 2/27/2014 pink dogwood said:

Ms Seattle I beg to differ. It was Ms Lucci with Mr Eber - apparently before your time. I've no idea who Fernando is/was but I know this is not the person.

I'm going to differ right back, pink dogwood. :-)

Here's a clip of Susan on QVC's Fashion Channel selling the product with Fernando -- around 13:30 minutes in.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqvq6-pdJ4

And from a piece about Fernando:

As a true artisan, Fernando felt strongly that the hair must be , and professionals must have the best tools and products, to produce their best work. This drive lead him to develop the Fernando Romero Professional Hair Care Products line, which sold successfully in his Beverly Hills Salon and fine salons internationally. The popular daytime TV actress, Susan Lucci was so impressed with the results of his products, she approached Fernando to develop The Susan Lucci Collection, a personal line of hair care products that sold exclusively on the QVC Network. Today, Fernando is dedicated to bringing a revolutionary technology to hair care with the introduction of the Bio Ionic Professional Hair Care System.

http://interhair.com/print.php?action=show&link_id=513

EDIT to add: I looked for a Susan Lucci/Jose Eber connection but got no hits. If you can provide a link showing she worked with JE, I will happily stand corrected.

I bought into the Susan Lucci shampoo, around 1992 LOL, and Susan marketed it under her name. Fernando's name was on the bottle somewhere though!. Fernando Romero had created the product. He worked for V. Sassoon and was trained by him in the BH salon. I think Fernando took his line back and created his new line Bio-something. I forgot the whole name, but remember the Bio part! LOL. I don't think Jose ever marketed his shampoo under another name. I think (but could be wrong on dates) he started marketing his own shampoo in the 2000's.

I have to honest, all those celbrity shampoos are the same to me. But I have an illness, and buy them to try. LOL! They just appeal to certain hair types. I think Susan's shampoo was good if you had undamaged hair. I have to use Deva Curl myself, and my hair has gone old and bonkers.

One celebrity stylist does make a good product for curly hair, I bought it in his salon. Juan Juan. Hahah. He pronounces it shawn shawn. Who knew? LOL!

I was surprised how much I really liked the products! It wasn't as though I was used to using Prell or something -- I'd get my shampoo from salons, but I really became a fan. I met a friend for a cruise and said "You HAVE to try these hair products!" She was more impressed by my Denman brush, but agreed they were nice products. :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I remember very well when Jose Eber was doing everyone's hair and that he did the famous Farrah cut. He seems like a very nice man.

Not applicable

Hello ladies and fans of Jose Eber. Just felt I had to chime in on this particular topic regarding Jose Eber. In 1990, I was privileged to walk into his salon in Crystal Court in Costa Mesa, California. Just started a new position and wanted something nice done with my med. length hair. I told him during the consultation that I am leaving it all into his hands. I was never more pleased. The cut, (shag) the color (eggplant) and the style (layered to my face) is one I will never forget. And yes, back then he was wearing his cowboy hat and was smoking inside his salon. I guess when you are Jose Eber you can do that. My wallet was lighter by $250.00 but I would gladly lay out the money again if I ever had the opportunity to drive up to Beverly Hills (more than 50mi. away from where I live now). I was nervous but he was so easy to talk with and I felt I was in good hands. Smiley Happy Didn't purchase his products lately on the other channel because I have literally a stockpile of those products but perhaps when my stock runs down, I will.