Super Contributor

I have a couple questions about the IT CC cream...

I'm wondering if anyone with sensitive and/or acne prone skin uses this? I'd really like to try it but the ingredients make me alittle nervous. I've read a lot of reviews and not many people mention having problems, which is encouraging, I'm just wondering about your experiences. Also, would it work to use powder foundation over this for extra coverage? Thanks for any feedback you can give me!
Respected Contributor

Re: I have a couple questions about the IT CC cream...

Ella, I feel bad that you got no answers. I have it in fair. I am sensitive to silicones in liquid make-up. It doesn't cause any major acne issues on me, although I can't be sure it doesn't cause any whatsoever. I do top it with a little powder because it's a little more glow than I like, but you don't need to. I actually wore it yesterday without moisturizer simply because I forgot to put it on first, lol!

As far as colors, I have to accept that fair works better on me than light even though I want the light to work. The fair looks too light as it's applied but morphs to the right shade as it dries. Fair is very neutral, light has more of a peachy tone and is more pigmented. Light is prettier but I don't want my make-up to show at the jawline and it does in light. HTH

Super Contributor

I wish I could help you Ellabell. I don't usually have issues with my skin except for some light redness at times. I use the IT celebration foundation and several other products. Jamie has come out with a new primer (in the Jan TSV) that I hated!!! Still love #50. She also changed her foundation in that TSV. I'm not happy about her recent moves.

Someone printed a comprehensive list of the ingredients in the CC cream. Maybe you can do a research and find the thread. Lots of silicone and way too many herbal ingredients that have the potential to have a negative affect on skin (she put all those herbals in the new primer too).

I'm passing. Of course, the beauty of buying here is that you can do a patch test and return the product if things don't work out.

I love using an invisible high-def finishing powder buffed on with a kabuki brush. I first purchased it from MAKEUP FOREVER, from Sephora. You use so little I had my first container for over a year before I had to get a new one. Then, I mist on a herbal facial mist. Go to Sephora and check facial mists. It helps set your makeup.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Desi said:

Ella, I feel bad that you got no answers. I have it in fair. I am sensitive to silicones in liquid make-up. It doesn't cause any major acne issues on me, although I can't be sure it doesn't cause any whatsoever. I do top it with a little powder because it's a little more glow than I like, but you don't need to. I actually wore it yesterday without moisturizer simply because I forgot to put it on first, lol!

As far as colors, I have to accept that fair works better on me than light even though I want the light to work. The fair looks too light as it's applied but morphs to the right shade as it dries. Fair is very neutral, light has more of a peachy tone and is more pigmented. Light is prettier but I don't want my make-up to show at the jawline and it does in light. HTH

Does the light have more yellow or does the fair> I am a neutral skintone with a very slight yellow. I am confused with different answers as to color swatches. I usually wear BBrown extra light tinted found. Many thanks friends

Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2014 engineer said:

Does the light have more yellow or does the fair> I am a neutral skintone with a very slight yellow. I am confused with different answers as to color swatches. I usually wear BBrown extra light tinted found. Many thanks friends

I have both (Fair and Light) and just swatched them on my hand. I hope it helps you...

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

I took a second pic with both shades blended into my skin. Fair on the top of my hand and Light on the bottom

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

On 2/26/2014 lyn in MI said:

<br /> Does the light have more yellow or does the fair> I am a neutral skintone with a very slight yellow. I am confused with different answers as to color swatches. I usually wear BBrown extra light tinted found. Many thanks friends

I have both (Fair and Light) and just swatched them on my hand. I hope it helps you...

photo 0b547a7b-16fc-40f7-9bf4-82a84b06d8e1_zps1b5ea765.jpg

lyn...What shade do you wear in the Celebration Foundation (if you have it)? I have more of a light to barely medium skin tone. I wear the Medium Beige (says on the back of the compact) in the Celebration Foundation, but I wear a Fair in the LG Balance & Brighten. (I know...crazy!) I used to wear Light or Med. Beige in BE. Do you think the Light would work for me? Based on your picture, I think the fair would be too light for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2014 lyn in MI said:

<br /> Does the light have more yellow or does the fair> I am a neutral skintone with a very slight yellow. I am confused with different answers as to color swatches. I usually wear BBrown extra light tinted found. Many thanks friends

photo 0b547a7b-16fc-40f7-9bf4-82a84b06d8e1_zps1b5ea765.jpg

Lyn, a sincere thank you!Lyn.I have a neutral skin tone with a slight yellowing.I wear extra light in the bobbi brown tinted moist. What color would you choose if you were me?
Putting on our tea.Please tell me' You are my rockand I appreciate you so very much

Trusted Contributor

crush - I wear Fair in the Celebration Foundation.

ETA: Came back to add that the Fair Celebration Foundation is a bit too dark on my winter skin. Once I get a little color in the summer, it becomes a closer match.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

Lyn, a sincere thank you!Lyn.I have a neutral skin tone with a slight yellowing.I wear extra light in the bobbi brown tinted moist. What color would you choose if you were me?
Putting on our tea.Please tell me' You are my rockand I appreciate you so very much

G'Morning!! I posted a second pic with both shades blended into my hand. I usually wear the fairest shade in most brands of foundation. In the summers, I get a little color and I mix a little Light with Fair to match my summer coloring. imho, the IT CC Cream in Light is more of a light/medium.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007