Trusted Contributor

Between Tarte, IT CC, Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, and Skinn Intellitent ( I've tried)

I tried Tarte & IT CC- I know this sounds weird; but I don't quite remember the results)

I think I thought both of these made me look more wrinkled and dry- and even looked like I had wrinkles where I really didn't before.

from what I see on QVC live shows, the models, ( each beautiful) to me, look more wrinkled, crinkled and dry in areas than their before pics. Does anyone else see this as well?

Some areas of their faces that are smooth in the before still look good in the after- but their wrinkles and crinkles and folds look more pronounced to me.

Does anyone else who has tried IT CC or Tarte, think their wrinkles look worse; skin looks drier;  and even show wrinkles where you didn't have any?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to try Tarte and IT again, because maybe it's just me thinking the before and afters on the older models

( who are very pretty women) wrinkles, crinkles, folds, dryness look pronounced.

I've tried SKINN, it's good, but the colors are weird on me.

SKINN was what I wore a few years ago, it was ok, but the colors were never quite right so I stopped wearing anything but skincare, blush.

I'm 59, People tell me I don't need anything, my skin is pretty good, smooth, some wrinkles &crinkles, folds, under eye wrinkles, hollowness, some pores-  but I do see more brown spots.

I don't think I want full coverage, however, wondering if I should give Tarte or IT CC another try???

Anyone try 

Bare Minerals RescueTint?

I do like a dewey look, and tend more to a tint because I thought Tarte & IT CC maybe weren't meant for aging skin??? Maybe that's why I thought it made me look older?

Would love to hear your thoughtsCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

OMGosh, I wrote a novel, sorryCat Surprised

Honored Contributor

I don't need much coverage either, and I am 57 with combination skin. I have been loving Missha tinted BB Cream, as well as Too Faced Born this Way foundation. Missha has great coverage, but your skin looks flawless with very little product-love it, the catch is that there arent a ton of shades, so that could be a problem. Too Faced is a much heavier foundation, but if used very very sparingly, you can get a nice coverage with out looking like you have a ton of makeup on........These two bottles will last me a good long time, as you only need a drop...Neither of them has a matte finish, but more of luminous finish that is natural looking......I  have not tried IT or Tarte, so maybe some of the ladies who have will chime in!

Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier has the best tinted moisturizer if you want light coverage.  Use a regular moisturizer first then the tinted moisturizer.  I prefer the oil free but she offers 3 different ones.  Regular, oil-free and luminating.  Regular is more of a dewy finish stilll very nice.  Never tried the luminating..  She offers a wide variety of shades with different undertones.  I prefer a light coverage to even the skin color out.  It's returnable if you don't like it.  You can purchase from her or Nordstrom.  She also has foundations but you would have to read up on them.  Good luck.  Oh, IT is full coverage with weird shades and too thick; Tarte has weird shades too.  Both are too yellow.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

Depending on the product(s) (primers, etc.) you use as a base before you put on foundation you will get different results. You can also mix foundations with primers and moisturizers to adjust consistancy of the foundation.  Try experimenting, it all boils down to personal preference and skin type and skin sensitivity.  Have fun playing.

Trusted Contributor

I also look better without foundation. Everything you said also. I've been told I look younger without makeup, that's funny for a blue eyed, red head, with freckles.

Honored Contributor

Hi Skittle. At 68, I don't need full coverage FOUNDATION either. If you've cared for your skin, why be tempted to cover it up w/ heavy makeup? After my SERUM, moisturizer & SUNSCREEN, I use a tinted moisturizer. If any areas (usually under my eyes & around my nose) need extra attention, I add a drop of concealer. I've always felt women look younger w/ more natural makeup and less of it....IF they feel comfortable "in" their skin. No one has perfect airbrushed skin. When I see someone w/ every freckle, pore, dark spot covered w/ caked on makeup, it just makes me wonder what else they're covering up. 

Honored Contributor

If you don't know what works for you, I recommend not purchasing anything from QVC. Unless you live in a rural area where it's very difficult, I recommend going out to a local store, be it a department store, a Sephora, or an Ulta and talk to someone there. That will open you up to more brands and shades. Get a few recommendations, try something on in the store and/or take home samples. Once you decide which foundation to buy, see if it's available at QVC and if they have a deal, like the foundation AND a brush for the same price as the foundation elsewhere and then pick up your color here. For me, QVC almost never has the shade that works for me, even if the brand makes one, so I don't buy foundations from QVC.

If you're really not sure, try out some drugstore foundations, too. It doesn't sound like foundation is really important to you, so why spend a lot of money on it? Some drugstore foundations are really good.

If you want a dewy look, you can get any foundation to give you a luminous glow by mixing it with a small drop of something like L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer or Becca Backlight Priming Filter. 

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I don't need much coverage either, and I am 57 with combination skin. I have been loving Missha tinted BB Cream, as well as Too Faced Born this Way foundation. Missha has great coverage, but your skin looks flawless with very little product-love it, the catch is that there arent a ton of shades, so that could be a problem. Too Faced is a much heavier foundation, but if used very very sparingly, you can get a nice coverage with out looking like you have a ton of makeup on........These two bottles will last me a good long time, as you only need a drop...Neither of them has a matte finish, but more of luminous finish that is natural looking......I  have not tried IT or Tarte, so maybe some of the ladies who have will chime in!

@CANDLEQUEEN Thank you for those 2 brands. I did use Too Faced years ago, I liked it, can't recall why I stopped, lol.  The wonderful ladies did indeed chime in!!!!Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Laura Mercier has the best tinted moisturizer if you want light coverage.  Use a regular moisturizer first then the tinted moisturizer.  I prefer the oil free but she offers 3 different ones.  Regular, oil-free and luminating.  Regular is more of a dewy finish stilll very nice.  Never tried the luminating..  She offers a wide variety of shades with different undertones.  I prefer a light coverage to even the skin color out.  It's returnable if you don't like it.  You can purchase from her or Nordstrom.  She also has foundations but you would have to read up on them.  Good luck.  Oh, IT is full coverage with weird shades and too thick; Tarte has weird shades too.  Both are too yellow.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 Thank you. I do use moisturizer, but that didn't seem to help with Tarte or IT, and you're right, they did seem yellow to me.  I've used Laura mercier and found it very good, and I did use regular, although, I think a salesperson told me the oil free would also be dewy, didn't seem that way to me. I am going to Nordstrom next week so I get samples and revist my old dewy friend to see if it's still pretty good on me. I didn't even think of LM. Cat Very Happy