Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Jest January!

Happy New Year!  Just do good and positive things for yourself and others.  Parting with things that are no longer used, needed or wanted opens up your home and lets you live with a more open, fresh and good feeling home and yard to live in.  I'm in cool kitties!

Trusted Contributor

Happy 2019, y'all! I haven't been posting but I do check up on this thread every month, and I'm happy you are all still here. As for me, I decided I wanted to crochet a lot of holiday gifts this year, which I did, but I had to learn to crochet first. That's been taking a lot of time, giving me good excuses to neglect a good many other things. So here I am as the new year begins, looking around and dr among about new possibilities. 

ALl last year I sorted and tossed and donated. Apologies to Marie Kondo, who is brilliant and adorable, but I don't think it's ever "done." I'm hereby releasing "done" from my wish list.

My two current issues are, first, I get things organized nicely but forget how I decided to keep it, and second, my car has been full of boxes for dorating for...well, I won't say how long because it's too embarrassing. So so easy to move that trip to Goodwill from week to week. 

Oh well, onward and forward! 

Im liking the idea of a no-buy year! You?

Trusted Contributor

What do you call someone who swims across the ocean and back and never takes a bath?

A dirty two-timer.

Trusted Contributor

For 2019 I will be using a beauty budget. Stole the idea from HLP, who is just fab. A no-buy and low-buy just haven't been enough structure for me. I have too much but will need certain things over the year. Having a budget to follow will give me guidelines but freedom. Also, this will apply to all things "beauty" such as clothes, accessories, bags, decor (which I don't do anyway but included it just in case) and of course makeup & skincare. I have not been able to stick to a budget for anything so I'm excited to try this out. I'll be able to roll over the balance that wasn't spent into the following month. I don't anticipate needing anything in the first quarter of the year since I just stocked up but it's nice knowing that I'm allowed if the opportunity arises.

Why can't I remember any jokes???

I have a new tiny Christmas tree arriving this week to replace our current big one that sheds like a real tree. It's kind of sad because the cat really had a blast in it this year. But I just can't tolerate vacuuming up fake pine needles. 

Trusted Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@Oshare-girl- There is a thread over on the Home forum, Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

I just started it today, but it's a continuation of a thread that was started last year. Kind of like the ComPact thread, it actually endured the entire year and several of us wanted to continue into the upconing year. If you're doing any kind of decluttering or purging it's a great place to visit and post what's leaving your home.

I like reading it because it gives me some inspiration and motivation when I don't feel like doing anything, and it gives me some good ideas too as to where I can look around in my own home for areas to declutter. 

Actually, I think @just bee pointed it out to me last year, and I've been posting there ever since. Another great group of ladies, just like here!

@rnmom Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely check it out and participate. Sounds like the perfect motiviation.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember jokes that well but this might serve:

decluttering.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Happ New Year everyone!  The jokes are funny. My goal this year is to stay away from Facebook so much.  I have so much I want to do like crochet and sew but never get the projects started let alone finished.

I purged my stash of make up last year and have done pretty well keeping it under control.Our computer room looks like hoarder central right now because I am starting to put things in boxes for my yard sale in June.  This year at the sale whatever I make is going to my granddaughter to help defray expenses for her 8th grade Washington DC trip.  Her dad is a real loser and won't help and it's all her mom can do to keep things going.  Daddy O lives there but only gives them $40 a week for groceries.  He eats at fast foods because she says her food tastes like yuck. He really is a hoarder and she is constantly trying to de-hoard the things he wastes money on.  Oh well, I really didn't mean to get into that but  it is what it is.

Good luck to all on meeting their goals!

Honored Contributor

Dog Magic

Q: What do you call a dog magician?

A: A labracadabrador.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

I'm in cool kitties!

@Sweet Caroline 1

Cool Kitties

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Again, a gentle reminder...

It's a new quarter and time to toss and replace things like mascara or whatever else is on your schedule.  Facial sponge, toothbrush, razor blade...

Out with the old...