Respected Contributor

WHo takes Magnesium and how does it help you?  Lessman has a sale now...and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I can't take it. It doesn't agree with my digestive system.

Honored Contributor

I take it--at night, after a meal.Just one 500 mg capsule. It helps me sleep and also is good for my funny little heart palp. I take a complex that is gut friendly. Not AL's tho.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   Is there a reason you need to take it?  IMO, taking supplements willy nilly is at best a waste of money and at worst could do harm.  Get a blood test to see if it's needed.

Honored Contributor

I take it when needed.....CALM (magnesium citrate -buy it at Costco).  It works.   I don't buy Lessman....uses gelatin in the capsules and overpriced products.

Valued Contributor

I take  magnesium citrate before going to bed. I avoid magnesium oxide since I've read 

that it is poorly absorbed.

It helps prevent restless legs for me. Magnesium helps so many functions in body, muscles, nerve function blood sugar.  

Respected Contributor

Before sleep, helps restless legs.

Esteemed Contributor

Many take it for calming effects, but I can take (3) 500 mg. capsules and it does absolutely nothing. It's good for bone health. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl Why take something you know nothing about? Talk to your medical provider.

I don't get why people just decide to start taking supplements with NO medical advice, just because other people are taking it.

Not a good idea. You need to have blood work done first.

Respected Contributor

I take it before going to bed.   It helps relax me.  I started taking it after my second knee replacement.   I was getting leg cramps and the magnesium really helped. 

Buy an OTC...DO NO WASTE YOUR MONEY FOR A NAME