Honored Contributor

Here is the Shingrix locator straight from the manufacturer.  It's updated weekly according to them.

https://www.shingrix.com/shingles-vaccine-locator.html

Honored Contributor

Re: Well I got Shingles

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny wrote:

@Nightowlz  Just in doing some reading (I am no professional), there are internal or systemic shingles.  So you didn't get the rash.  How did your physician diagnosis them?

@Allegheny

I never heard of internal or systemic shingles.

I did have rash which appeared 1 week later. Not much of a rash. This is how it stayed until it started going away. It did not get worse.

I did go back to the doctor 1 week later. He looked at the areas & said it was Shingles. He would not prescribe anything until this point.

I had 1 place under my left breast which was the worse place. The other pic is of my back. That's all that was on my back. Had a small area like that on my stomach & the 1 place under my breast. Just 3 small areas.

Did not have any itching or drying of scabs as I read online.

Makes me wonder if I had something else?

Shingles 1.jpgShingles 2.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

@Nightowlz  Just in doing some reading (I am no professional), there are internal or systemic shingles.  So you didn't get the rash.  How did your physician diagnosis them?

@Allegheny

I never heard of internal or systemic shingles.

I did have rash which appeared 1 week later. Not much of a rash. This is how it stayed until it started going away. It did not get worse.

I did go back to the doctor 1 week later. He looked at the areas & said it was Shingles. He would not prescribe anything until this point.

I had 1 place under my left breast which was the worse place. The other pic is of my back. That's all that was on my back. Had a small area like that on my stomach & the 1 place under my breast. Just 3 small areas.

Did not have any itching or drying of scabs as I read online.

Makes me wonder if I had something else?

Shingles 1.jpgShingles 2.jpg

@Nightowlz  Hard to tell.  There are the "most recognized" symptoms, but just because you didn't have them doesn't mean you didn't have shingles.  You're rash may have just been very, very mild. I'd go along with what your doctor thought and you certainly did have the pain.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

The minute I thought it was Shingles I kept applying tea tree all over my stomach & back. It has antibacterial, antiviral & antifungal properties. Wonder if this kept the rash at bay?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  I feel it definitely may have helped to keep the rash and blisters at bay.  Good decision on your part!