Super Contributor

Do you get nervous?

[ Edited ]

Do you get nervous or anxious? Sometimes when I get really nervous I feel shaky and my stomach is upset and I can hardly eat.  Sometimes I will burst into tears.

I have LBS  (hypoglycemia) too and I dont always eat the right way but try to.

Is there any thing that you do that helps you in all of this? And what do you and can you eat with your stomach in knots?

Honored Contributor

@OhioAngelI don't get nervious.  With most people, it's a learned personality trait.  Yoga will help you learn calming techniques and improve your over all well being.  Often there are classes at the local "Y".  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you get nervous?

[ Edited ]

Yes, Unfortunately I do, to often. I seem to always be a bundle of nerves.I worry about everything.Of course things always work out at the end .I promise that I won’t worry again & then bam. I do it again!!

Being nervous has definitely affected my health.It has given me migraines,TMJ,heartburn & IBS.When I’m able to calm myself the symptoms dissipate .When I go off they act up.

It’s a struggle that I deal with almost daily.Some days I do better than others.It’s a work in progress.

I find that deep breathing helps.What also helps is when I succeed at pushing the worrisome thoughts out of my mind.I try to think of something positive.That helps.Or I get involved in an activity that takes my mind off of things.

Trusted Contributor

I get anxious sometimes about my family.  I want them to stay safe and to stay healthy.  I don't know what to do about it.  It just comes over me and I don't really have a coping mechanism.  It stops when I know they're home.  I don't want to take medication for fear of getting addicted so I just grin and bear it.  

Respected Contributor

@OhioAngel wrote:

Do you get nervous or anxious? Sometimes when I get really nervous I feel shaky and my stomach is upset and I can hardly eat.  Sometimes I will burst into tears.

I have LBS  (hypoglycemia) too and I dont always eat the right way but try to.

Is there any thing that you do that helps you in all of this? And what do you and can you eat with your stomach in knots?

Yes. I do and I learned to mediatate and breathe deeply.  Go to the app Headspace and learn to mediatate for 10 minutes a day or every other day.  They have a 30 day program for anxiety.  It’s great because you can use the exercises they teach you all day long.  It has changed my life.  You can try it for free.  It’s worth every single penny.  You can also go to the free Brethe 2 Relax app and learn to breathe deeply.  A lot of our anxiety is worsened by shallow breathing.  I think you will find your stomach will feel better, too. Mine does when I mediatate. Good luck.  

Super Contributor

My healthy mom of 73 just had this for several days. She is on no medication eats healthy and walks 2 to 3 miles every morning. The doctor ran all kinds of test and could find no problems. After research she tried a natural Progesterone cream and she had calmness and slept better. So probably she had a slight hormone imbalance.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

I get anxious, i worry, then i get upset.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ, my symptoms exactly, sometimes nights seem so long...

Hope you find your way to feeling better soon.

Trusted Contributor

I do get nervous sometimes.  For me, music helps.  Especially gospel.  I will listen to a song and let it speak to me.  Then that song is in my head and I find myself humming or singing it. My nervousness then subsides.

Esteemed Contributor

I get anxious when life goes off the rails - not as planned. Rather, not as "I" planned. Then I remember to vent, relax, adjust, release control and chill. Regroup. I wish I could consistently have a 'let it go' response but I guess I'm not wired that way. I do know why I get anxious. My childhood was chaotic and it felt as if I had zero control over my environment but I learned I had  more control than I knew - even if it meant knowing how to chill, relax, regroup. 

I'm sorry you're feeling anxious. Hope you can plow through it. Peace.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau