Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Morning everyone.  

Another quick week week has gone by.  Wow.

@bopper, I was thinking your babysitting your grandkids.  That’s a blessing for you because it seems that you get just the right about of time with them.  I know several grandmothers who almost feel like they are parents again.  They babysit while the parents work five days a week.  Or worse, the parents are so negligent that the grandparents have stepped in and become legal guardians at the age of 60+.  Then, there are grandparents like me who barely see their grandkids.  

Senior Cardio and walking is only my agenda this morning.  Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone!  The last two days have been ssooooooooooo long.  I'm headed to San Diego for work next week.  The stress of driving out there is already starting to affect me.  I keep telling myself that I will do fine.

Yesterday's zumba class was fun, but I made a mistake in almost EVERY song!!  I have one more week on this playlist and then will switch.  I have a bunch of new stuff that I need to memorize and/or choreograph.  ARRRGH!!! I've only got 2 weeks!

Today is weight training and then I have to go to the ATT store to see if I can get a new battery for my phone.  It literally loses all its battery over night.  The phone is 2 years old and probably does need a new battery.  I'm still paying it off (can you believe these stupid things start at $800 now and just go up from there!!) so I won't be getting a new phone.

Just doing errands this weekend--cleaning house, getting ready to travel, getting ready for the dog sitter, who is one of my friends from junior high.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, did Total gym Core, cable flow, and a trail walk.  Couldn't tell where water was because of so many leaves and stepped in a huge puddle, luckily I hope out quick but my socks got a little wet even with my boots.   Then did an arm workout on my Pilates reformer.

Foxxie, I know what you mean, I do see my 2 granddaughters here but my grandson I hardly ever see.  Only like 2x a year as we don't get to CO often.  My one granddaughter is almost 13  now so she has outgrown grandma  Smiley Sad    The other one is only 2 1/2 so she's a "stitch", is all potty trained too and smart as a whip.   I think they are enrolling her in a half day of pre school in February.  You have to be potty trained to go and she is.  I only watch her a couple days a week usually so it works good.

Yesterday was great, today, dark and drizzling out.  Not cold though, 50 so I'll take it.  Tomorrow they said snow and blustery...Sure is back and forth.  I saw on the Today show though the forcaste for December through February and it had drier for us and warmer for us and I pray that is right, having a milder winter is okay by me.

Dr. Kelli I'd be a nervous wreck driving to San Diego, good luck to you and make sure your car is all ready to roll.  Phones are so ridiclous.  I have an old phone, probably like 100 bucks, hubby and I won't pay the price for them.  We don't use them much either.  If money wasn't an object we'd both get better ones but we can't afford the montly charges either.  I have a plan and hubby does not, he buys his minutes so when he's away from wifi he has no internet so can't text or receive messages until he is where there is wifi again like his work.  

Any way, better get dinner going.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.  Checking in after all my doctor appts.  I now need to have cataract surgery so will try and have that before the end of the year.  This was to be expected after my other eye surgery so its not a surprise.  Finally went to the podiatrist for my feet.  My left foot has the PF but my right foot has also become extremely painful.  I had reached my breaking point with the pain and decided it was time to see the doctor.  The Dr. seems more concerned about the pain in the right foot as its much worse than the PF foot.  He took xrays and other than some arthritis in my left foot, my feet look fine.  He thinks the pain in my right foot could be tendon related from all the limping to compensate for the PF in the left.  So he taped up my right foot, which immediately felt better and I'm to check in with him on Monday to let him know how I"m doing.  Advil or Tylenol and ice for the PF foot and we'll see what happens.  He feels inserts will help but need to get the right ones.

So still not working out because the pain and discomfort just make it hard to even feel like doing much of anything but hoping in the next couple of weeks things will start to improve and I can get back to it.

Honored Contributor

Hey @JudyL.  I wasn't going to check in today because I've been lazying around.  I saw your post, though so I wanted to express concern.  Looks like you certainly did the right thing by not pushing the walking.  What is pf?  He taped your feet?  As in a tourniquet?  Hmmm.

When I went to the podiatrist a couple of months ago, he didn't even take exrays.....just said arthritis and gave me a prescription for some very, very expensive pain medication.  I didn't get it filled, took ibuprofen as I had been doing.

Aww, another eye surgery?  So sorry to hear that.  Do you drive at night?  As long as I don't drive at night (for the most part, I don't) my ophthalmologist says I don't have to have cataract surgery.  What I'm noticing is that age plays a big part in a doctor's diagnosis and treatment.  Since I'm older, my conditions are considered normal wear and tear, lol.

Well, I hope your feet get less painful with the wrap and meds.

I could not talk myself into going to my Zumba class this morning and did nothing at home either.  Feeling kind of guilty but....oh, well.  Inside all day.  I wonder if that flu shot I took two weeks ago is the reason for this lack of energy.  The tech said it would take about two weeks to feel the effect.  Feeling very blah.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie  thank you for your concern.  I knew the cataract surgery would be coming as I was told this would happen when they did the other surgery.  So its not a surprise but it needs to be done.  "PF" is plantar fasciitis - not sure I spelled the last word right - its very painful and happens in the heel of your foot.  It does go away in time and exercise and the right shoe inserts will keep it at bay.  The last time it happened was 10-14 years ago and I've been doing fine with stretching exercises for my feet, etc., but it came back.  Anyway, its much better but I do need the right inserts for my feet and the doctor told me that last time but I didn't get them.  This time I will.

My left foot has the PF and I've had it since mid-June so for 4 months I've been limping about.  Well my right foot finally had had enough of all that limping and extra weight on the one foot and the doctor feels my tendons are whats causing my pain in that foot since the xray is negative.  Similar to tendonitis but in my foot.  So he taped it up - kind of like wrapping it with an ace bandage but with tape - to give it support and that helped immensely.

We'll see what the Dr says when I call him on Monday.  Think any kind of exercise is still a couple weeks away.  Will be glad to get back at it as the scale is creeping up again.  May try and do some floor Pilates work but will see how I feel.  Its about all I can do to get up in the morning, take care of me and my cat, get ready for work and by the time I get home at the end of the day, I can hardly walk.  

Everyone needs a lazy day off so enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  I did.....just relaxed.  Saturday afternoon was extremely windy and rainy with a few minutes of snow.  I looked out the window, asked my husband if those were leaves blowing or snow.  It was large flakes of snow....melting just before it hit the deck!  Very strange looking.

@JudyL, yes, favoring some side of the body for another does that.  Trouble is you don't realize you're doing it.  I have a friend who needed a hip replacement but refused to get it at first.  It wasn't until she got it that she found out that the 'good' hip was getting weak.  Doctor said that she had been putting extra pressure on it to help alleviate the pain of the bad hip.

Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion (weights) this morning.  Oh....I was under my goal weight at WW yesterday.  But actually I didn't do the WW plan last week, I did Atkins.  As much as I love WW, it might be time for a change.  I never caught on to their Free Style plan which involved too many carbs that they call zero points in some recipes.  Carbs have a lot of calories, which matter.  In the past, if I made a zero points soup, for instance, I could eat it all day/week long with no weight gain, in fact, could lose.  Now, with so many starches considered zero in some recipes, you have to watch portion size.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  Feel better soon  Heart

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I forgot to check in yesterday, busy with family stuff, camp and babysitting, and had my 2 granddaughters for dinner, one is 2 1/2 ( have to say the 1/2) Haha and almost 13 the other one.  We watched football during the afternoon ,  camp was in the morning..then I had yard chores to do too.  Did get 15,000 steps in too.

Today I walked at sunrise in 30 degrees but it was peaceful and beautiful and I thanked our good Lord for the beautiful sunrise.  Then my little GD came to be babysat, she's now gone, and I have a hair appt. at 2.

Our 41st Anniversary is today, that seems very long hahaha.....no plans as of yet though.  I am happy with a ride to see the lake and a Sub from Subway.  I'm not fussy or expensive LOL

Judy sorry about your foot but glad you had it checked out, and now another eye surgery.  One day at a time.  I've learned not to look too far ahead, live for today, forget tomorrow, and we can't get too far ahead of ourselves.

I was up awake at 4 am.   Didn't sleep after that.  I'm used to about 7 hours and got just over 5 but not tired "yet"....been too busy to be tired I think.

No TG today either but the trail walk and my Gazelle have me moving too.

Lunch time.   I almost got the Cooks Essentials 2 qt. pressure cooker yesterday, it has good reviews and it doesn't take up much counter space.  

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

Workout for today includes Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba.

Let’s do it!