Welcome to Fall Everyone!

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/f3/f4/86/f3f48609c562f72315205b7e4ff867ac.jpg

Honored Contributor

Happy October 1st everyone!

@JudyL regarding what apples I use....I prefer Granny Smith apples or Honeycrisp (if on sale) because they hold up well being cooked.  But if a have a lot of apples on hand and suddenly feel like apple crisp, I use them.  I think Red or Golden Delicious are good for cooking as well.  I’ve never gotten into some of the newer varieties of apples.

Long day today....Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion classes this morning.  Then I’m off to my yearly mammogram and my every other year bone scan.  Luckily, I can get them back to back with minimal, if any, wait in between.  On second thought, that’s not so long.  I should be home by 3 pm.

Remember everybody to “Make it a great day or not.  The choice is yours”.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Octobe 1st, cruising right into Fall with our chins held high and a positive attitude, right?

Did TG today, the challenge workout, and walked the trail, using Gazelle throughout the day and watching this Cub/ Brewers game at 1, I"ll get lots of gazelle today while watching.

In the 40's here, but didn't feel bad to me this morning walking.  

I love Honey crisp apples, my favorite kind.   Don't ya'all just love the smell of apples and cinnamon?  So cozy I find it.

@Mmsfoxxie  good luck with your mamm and bone scan.  Glad you can do them back to back and will be back home before dark o'thirty..   My mamm was a few weeks ago and all good Thank the good Lord!

Waving to everyone here in the " neighborhood".... Have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday everyone!

Very humid here.....there's a hurricane way down south and it's bringin it.

Dogged on the treadmill, but it's done!  4mi/50.35min

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@bopper what is "Gazelle?"

Honored Contributor

Pound was a normal Pound class.  She said she was going to do 8 songs but it was 31 minutes and it's a 30 minute class so she started 5 minutes late and ended 5 minutes early.  I don't get it.  But I was able to hold my knees up during most of the ab track so I was extremely proud of myself.  That was a first for me.

I have been listening to a brain health seminar for the past week and a half and one of the experts said when you lift weights you tear up muscle and that's how in 36 hours you get stronger because it rebuilds and then some.  Another said earlier that you have to stress your body to get better.

I went up in weight on everything in Power class except legs and nailed every bit of it.  I did all my pushups including fireflies on my toes.  I had a good day.

Nudie is still in clothes but she got rid of the bleach blond white trash biker look and is now a brunette.

Adonis is still MIA and the teacher actually celebrated that we could move through class without his theatrics of not being able to breathe because he was lifting so hard.  

Ms. Rudeness came without the neon.  Everyone seemed to dress down today and not be their outrageous selves.

Although there is another chick that is quickly becoming Ms. Rudeness Junior.  We'll see.

Another day at the gym down...

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Loving this cool weather but tomorrow it’s supposed to hit 85!

@Laura14, I’ve heard that, too, that muscle tear and build.  That stressing the muscles is good.  If I were younger, I’d move to higher weights.  I have moved up for some movements but for the most part, I don’t need to do that for good health which is my goal.  At a younger age, I’d do it.  My arthritis would object, lol.

This morning, my classes includes Body Sculpt, Flexibility and Zumba.  By the way, I got my first 3-D mammogram yesterday.  I asked the tech if that was an extra fee, she said no.....not right now.  She said that if any insurance refused to pay, the hospital would swallow the cost....for now.

@nomless, good to hear from you!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@bopper that looks like an interesting machine.  Thanks for showing it to me.