Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Top of the morning everyone.  We just finished a downpour..... at least I hope it's finished, 😂.

@DrKelli, that sounds like a real fun class to participate in.

This morning, I will have my senior Cardio class and maybe some walking.  And I'm going to strangle my diet saboteur of a husband.  He bought a dozen donuts Tuesday and I asked why so many.  He says in case you want some.  Duhhhh....why would I want some when I already told you I can't eat stuff like that right now?  Well, I ended up eating one yesterday evening and now I'm upset 😭 with him as well as myself.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning, all!  It's a very pretty day here in Colorado.  Nice and cool this morning, and a high of 70 predicted.

I had SO much fun in my zumba class yesterday.  It was the biggest class I've had in awhile--9 people.  Everyone seemed to really like the new stuff I put in, so there were lots of smiles.  I was on a high for awhile afterwards!

It was also mammogram day--I opted for the 3D version in light of my mom's diagnosis this year.  I was telling the tech that she had been diagnosed (for my own medical information) and the tech asked how old she was when she was diagnosed.  I told her 85 and the tech said "And she still goes for mammograms?" I told her yes and she said "Every year" and I said every year around her birthday--that's how they caught it.  And she told me "I'm going to share her story because I get so many women who say they are going to stop"  So all y'all--if you haven't had a mammo in awhile--get one scheduled!!

Today is personal training, so it will be heavy on the weights.  I'll be working on my November playlist this weekend--trying to add a few new songs too.  Anyone have any ideas for "Thanksgiving" themed songs?  The only one I can come up with is Weird Al's parody "Eat It"

Have a good weekend all!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, we had snow this morning, yepper we did!  It's gone now but only 41 outside.  I started the day out non the less with a dog trail walk for 30 minutes, then got on the TG for 50 minutes doing the challenge video, and then lunch and another 20 minute trail walk...Have over 11,000 in so far so happy with that. 

Watching baseball now...

DrKelli sounds like a fun class.  Let me think about the music.  Thanksgiving is kind of a hard one to find music too.  

Glad you got your mamm done, I had mine 3 weeks ago...Good on your mom for spreading the word too!!

Isn't there a song called The Gobble or Gobble Gobble, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, Bob Marley "Give Thanks and Praises...

Haven't turned on the heat yet, it's 64 in here but with a long sleeve t shirt I"m good.  It's hubby who's always cold and sitting here in a blanket...I think his meds make him cold too.

Think it's time for a cup of coffee, and maybe a small snack-a-rooni   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

TGIF everyone!  Only did 1 mile.....not worth reporting.  Wasn't in the mood today as I was sore from chasing leaves in my backyard yesterday.  We had a short downpour in the middle of the night. 

We have no trees in our yard, but our neighbors do.  The pool and patio looked like a hurricane zone.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, people.  Rainy night again and it’s supposed to continue off and on all day.

@DrKelli,  glad your class was fun for everybody.  That’s important.  

I think I mentioned that I did my mammogram, as well as bone scan, last Monday.  The tech said that for right now, they’re doing everybody in 3-D.  Got my results yesterday saying everything is ok and see you next year.  My bone scan appeared to be a tiny bit worse but I might not be reading it right.  Still in the osteopenia stage, though.  I’ll have to check with my doctor.  My network has this wonderful thing called My Chart online that lists most all of your appointments and test results.  Should be all but I think that sometimes tests aren’t entered like my blood test and urine test aren’t there.  It also tells you what tests you are overdue.  I’m overdue my colonoscopy and my cholesterol check.

Zumba this morning!  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's cold here this morning but not snowing thank goodness.  Heading down to to TG and then will do the trail, even though it's very wet out...

Foxxie glad your mamm came out good and the bone density test doesn't sound bad either, and you do impact exercises so that helps with the bones too.  I wouldn't worry for sure about it..  Hope your day is happy for you and  enjoy it to the fullest.

Dr.Kelli I heard it was a bit windy in CO.   Your temps aren't bad though...

May take a color ride tomorrow pending on the weather, and football of course.  I"m more baseball since the playoffs are happening but hubby likes his football.  I can't sit for hours in the chair though and watch, I have to get up and do something.  It drives me nuts to just sit and watch TV..  Logan and I will have to go outside and monkey around.

Nomless thinking of you!

Judy how are you doing?

Laura are you heading to a class today?   

MickD is it cooling off by you?   My trail is so slippery from the mud.  I just ordered Tony Little's TS the other day, a taller walking boot .  Hope I like it for the trail, it has lots of memory foam and my feet need that.  

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  No class.  I actually have to go and mow my yard and tame the bushes again because we are in record setting heat still.  I am so over this it is not even funny.  So my exercise will be pushing a lawnmower and wielding wackers for weeds and other things.  

If I make one comment about horribly cold weather in the next few months, at all, you have my permission to come through the computer and smack me.  I am so ready for winter, it ain't even funny.  

Honored Contributor

Drat!!  It's a good thing I checked my email before I left this morning.  My health center is closed due to a power failure.  My 10:15 class is cancelled.  Glad I checked my email before I left.  That rain last night must have been worse than I thought.  I'm getting ready to do some stairs.

@Laura14and @bopper, you ladies like to keep very busy, lol.  Wish I were like that.  Well, sometimes I am.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday, we did take a hike to some waterfalls, it's chilly and cloudy so the color wasn't as spectacular as it would have been had we had sun but oh well, it was still nice.  Stopped at a little cafe in the "wood" basically had coffee and a cinnamon roll...

foxxie I don't always feel like being busy, I pretty much have to make myself  Hahaha...Sunday though is a quieter day for me.  

Laura sorry it's so hot, pushing that lawnmower will burn  a lot of calories.  I will remember if you complain it's too cold Hahah...

Watching Lions/Packers,,,Go Lions!!!   Then on to baseball.   Made a meat pie and that's in the oven now..

Ya"all have a good rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everybody.  Rain, rain and more rain last night.  Yesterday was upper fifties, today expected to be in the mid eighties.  Deal with it, right, lol.

I was a little p*ssed at my weigh in yesterday.  I was 132.4.  That .4 made me have to shell out $14.  I thought about those donuts that my husband brought home and made me eat.  Well sort of made me eat.....he brought them home, lol.

Senior Cardio and Body & Strength this morning.  Have a great day everyone.