Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Congratulations @Mmsfoxxie on your anniversary and @JudyL  on your checkup good news!

I think @MickD may have contaminated me.  I didn't sleep at all last night and I was a slug in Power class today.  Skipped a couple reps a few times and had less weight on a couple routines too.  I feel blah.  Didn't even do my preworkout on the bike.  Just stretched and read a chapter in a book while I waited for class.  

Nudie showed up with (wait for it) solid black pants.  Nothing see through!  Smiley Surprised  And the modest top with another one underneath.  Pigs might be flying somewhere or throw some bacon in a supermarket.  It all works.  

Adonis skipped along with quite a few others.  They may have been mad since they got yelled out again for dropping weights.  Like it's hard to remember that?  

Anyway, I am going to pray to get through work.  I love my bed and want to see it again soon!  Have a great day all!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. No news here.

Belated HB to Bopper. Yay for Judy's successful surgery. Foxxie, enjoy that new iPad. Glad you're feeling better Mick. Hi to Laura and DrKelli.

Recently I watched Downton Abbey on DVD. I didn't watch it when it originally aired. Now I'm watching the old series Upstairs Downstairs. The first season was kind of a mess, but the rest is very good. I like it even better than Downton. Highly recommended. If you deecide to watch it, don't judge it based on season 1. 

Honored Contributor

My running buddy from yesterday....

Snake-min.jpg 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD  ok not being snake savvy, I can't seem to find it.  Is it that "stick" in the road, in the middle of the pic?  I assume so.  Gads, that would not have registered as a snake to me.  Glad you knew what it was!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Congrats on your anniversary!  That is fabulous!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL yes it looks like a stick!  I have PTS just thinking about it!  Great news on your eye!

@Mmsfoxxie Way to go on your workout achievement!

@nomless how are things???

@Laura14 Get better!  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  I'm back at work after 2 days of a safety conference.  I was actually there only one day, but stayed last night because I took the guys from our plants out to dinner and by the time I got  home, it would have been 9 pm.  It's safer to not drive at dusk in Wyoming because of antelope trying to cross the highways at dusk.

I didn't sleep well either night.  The bed was comfortable, but there was something about the room that just had me waking up a lot.  I left at 7 this morning and I'm glad I did because there were 3 accidents on my way back to Denver and it took me 2 hours to drive it.  I was subbing zumba today and got to the gym and had 2 tanks, a sports bra and socks.  I forgot the bottoms!  I was dreading having to teach in jeans and I was scrambling around trying to find one of the women that work there to borrow something.  I asked the trainer I work with for extra shorts and HE didn't have anything.  One of the other men trainers had an extra pair of shorts so I borrowed those.  I was a couple minutes late starting, but at least I didn't pass out because I was overheated wearing jeans.

I'm super dehydrated because I tend to forget to drink water when I'm at a conference, so I'm chugging water every chance I get.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well today it's dang freezing, winter jacket, hat, gloves to dog walk, wind chill is 34.  It wish Spring would stay, and the buds are just starting to come out on the trees, grass is still brown and packed down from all the snow, just needs to green up here.

Judy thats great news, what a huge relief to you, so happy!!

MickD glad you feel better, that's no fun and yikes on the snake, I'd be having a heart attack!

Laura did you say you're not feeling great either now.?   Seems here there are still colds going around.

foxxie that's great you are still so committed to your fitness center. How far from your house do you have to go to get there?   It's nice to be with others too, socializing so to speak.  

Dr.Kelli sorry you didn't sleep well, yes drink lots of water.  Hopefully tonight will be better for you.

I did Rosalie's Amazing arm workout today, just 5 # weights but youza, it was hard and she goes from 1 exercise to the next , no rest.  My HR was up there, then did her 300 abs routin on my TG, and some of her free style.  Still watching the hamstrings so didn't do anything for legs or butt but felt I got in a good workout still.  Did my dog walk, freezing bu went.

Hubby has colonoscopy on Monday and they have him on a 5 day pre prep, never heard of that, some diet where he can't have anything with peelings, seeds, only white bread, white rice, potatos, no dairy, no pulp in the juice .  He has to eat like this until his appt. Monday at noon.  And Sunday at noon starts the prep with the Gaterade but no food until after the procedure, so that's no food from noon on Sunday to afternoon on Monday..that's a heck of a long time without eating.  I am due for one too, but dang don't want to have it like this.  My sis told me each dr. has a different procedure for prepping so I really have no idea.

We had a deer in the yard last night agian, she isn't afraid either. It's nice to watch.

Hoping everyone has a restful evening tonight!

Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone~Happy almost w/e & Happy Mother’s Day to anyone in this group that is a Mom, Gran, Auntie, Godmother and all those who loves & mothers a child as if they were your own!!!

I got home from the surgeon a little while ago. And, as I suspected she also thought it could be the start of cellulitis! So as I write, the pharmacy is filling an antibiotic script. And, no real shoes yet either. I’m now in an “ortho shoe” (UGH!) I know it’s not the end of the world. It’s been going on since March 9th. And, I just want my regular life back! One good thing, she said after the weekend & a few days on the ABT’s; I can go to the pool again and walk more! I can’t do my kicking exercises. But, the water weights and some other gentle exercises are ok. YAY!!! So, I’ll start next Monday~get through the first few days of ABT’s & Mother’s Day. We have a fun morning scheduled with the family& I’m so looking forward to it. I think it’s better to wait till Monday. I will though start walking more tomorrow. It’s a salt water pool which is excellent for my foot. Much better than chlorine! So, no pedicure or cute sandals just yet~they’ll be there. And, I’m grateful I had the knowledge to notice the signs of cellulitis. I used to see it in patients all the time.
I want to thank all of you whom have written back & posted support & optimism to me. It means a lot to me. You all are wonderful people and so supportive! And, even though, I’m logging in water & food on the Fitbit app. I may just wait till the new one arrives. Hopefully within two weeks. I set my calories/day at only 1000 because I’m so sedentary & truly not very hungry. But, it’s low. And, some days hard to meet. Especially when the break down the macronutrients! Oh well...one day at a time. I’ve made it this far & can certainly be strong enough for 3 more weeks!
Sadly, this week is the anniversary of both my parents passing, my husbands dad & my dads birthday. It’s 21 yrs., with my dear Mum. The day she died it was Mother’s Day. It was an awful end to a long brave fight with metastatic cancer. She was truly my best friend. I still weep for her~and my Dad frequently. I didn’t get enough time with them. There was SO much to still do & experience together. My MIL is 93 & still quite spry. But, she complains a lot & it bugs me. She’s here to see her children & Grandchildren live their lives. And she can enjoy her Great Grandson! It’s.bot jealousy at all. But, I can’t help but think how my mum & dad and my FIL,, would be overjoyed with a great grandchild and, to see their Grandchildren as adults.
I now pray to them. Our priest once said to me when a loved one passes, they become angels and we can always talk to or pray to our loved ones. I try to get though this week and not be morose & negative. Instead, I look at old photos, read cards from them, reminisce with anyone who will listen. My daughter & I talk several times a day so, we are always talking about them. Anything from a special holiday we all spent together to visiting our family in England in my Mum’s home village. It’s comforting. And, I know I did the best I could for them as they got older & then, I’ll. Nothing left unsaid. They are part of who I am and I treasure that. 💜
Well, once again~A good weekend & Morgers Day to all of you. And thank you for your support & advise!”
God bless.
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.

@Gemspirit, I hope the antibiotics work quickly.  I had a bf once that had cellulitis.  That's the extent of my notice.

@DrKelli, I keep saying this.....you're the busiest woman in town, lol.  I don't know how you do it.  All of you are busier than I am, lol.

My new iPad came and I played with it yesterday.  I notice it keeps asking me to put my credit card info in there just in case I want to do a money donation to someone without doing a gofundme or something like that to make it easier. Nope, don't want to do that.  But it won't let me take it off.  It's irritating, I hate pop ups.

Senior Cardio and probably nothing else.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)