Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

Good morning, it's very cold here, 30 and my birdbath is frozen solid.  I hope we get a warm up soon but not too hot either.   My 2 year old GD is coming this morning for me to babysit so I'll be a busy grandma.  I want to take her on a stroller walk so hoping we warm up.

Gemspirit I'm glad you caught the Cellulitis soon and got some medicine for it.  That can be painful.  My Mom and FIL both passed on the same day 1 year apart.  For me it was St. Patricks Day and then my MIL passed the following year, so we had 3 family members pass in 3 years.  It was so hard.  My mom was only 65 and I miss her terribly.  I do believe we can talk to them though and I do.  Hugs to you.

Foxxie enjoy your fitness day today.  

I have not much else planned for today.  Will take Logan for his walk after GD is gone home and grilling fish for dinner.

Happy Mothers Day weekend to all the Moms, grams, Aunties, and best friends and care givers!  Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  It's going to be a cold and wet Mother's Day weekend here.  I might not wear the hat that I intended to wear.

Going to a Mother's Day Brunch this morning...probably in the rain but I hope it holds off until I get back.  I think I need to get a gps thingy.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you ladies....whether you have biological kids or non-biological kids in your life.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, this morning it was 29 outside again, birdbaths and hummingbird feeders frozen.  Dang it's cold here in the morning, we're up to 50 now.  Heading to the Mothers Day Craft show today and then not sure what else.   I did 45 minutes on my TG this morning, I get so inspired watching Rosalie on the Q showing the workouts, she's so inspirational.

It's going to be a nice day here tomorrow so that's good as I'm sure many have plans.  I sure wish I could be with both my sons but only can be with 1 and my grandchildren who live here.  

God Bless everyone, and Happy Mothers Day!

Honored Contributor

Well I hope those of you with yucky weather get a better day tomorrow. 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  I think I am the lone non-mom here. 

We are hot and I think I am going to a pool party at my sister's house to celebrate along with birthdays and graduations an any other event we can throw in.  

My mom and I finished clearing out the basement.  It is going to be converted into a new home for me.  I won't believe it until I see it but the space is clear and ready to go.

Weight lifting work done!

Honored Contributor

Cloudy cool and drizzly 60.  Perfect running weather! Did 32 min on the trail.

@bopper poor birdies!

@Mmsfoxxie Stay dry!

@Laura14 Way to go on the basement!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Well, I am so disappointed!  The address I was given via email for the Mother’s Day Brunch was wrong.  It was supposed to be at a community center but I was given the address of the park district.  Then after hunting for the correct address, I couldn’t find it.  I stopped numerous people who said stuff like... oh, its in the building next to the police station, its in the building next to the fire station and then, oh, its in the youth center.  And None of these places were right next to each other.  I got to the first location at 9:30.  I gave up at 10:50 .  Then I was so lost that I ended up driving farther away from home.  I got car sick from the zig zagging back and forth. Took a Dramamine which did no good because you have to take it before you get sick.  I got to the bathroom just in time to throw up bile...I had not eaten yet.  The lady that I paid wasn’t answering her phone.  I assume she was setting up the event and didn’t look at her phone.  It will be interesting to see if she offers my money back.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I am so sorry!  How aggravating.  I hope you and everyone else is having a much better day today.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Happy Mother's Day everyone, no matter if you're a fur baby mom, grandmom, step mom, best friend, Auntie, you know where I'm going with this, you are all apprreciated!

I received some beautiful flowers from my son who can't be with me today and my older son has already been here.   It's sunny and 60, woo hoo.........  

Foxxie I'm so sorry it was a total bust for you, how frustrating that had to have been for you.  Somebody sure had the wrong info!

We had the deer last night again, she's so pretty.  We just stood in our kitchen watching her eating grass in the backyard.  I bought corn for her now but won't put it out until tonight or the squirrels will eat all of it.

No plans for today but enjoying the sun.   Have a blessed everyone!

Honored Contributor

Back from a pool party and two birthdays and a graduation and Mother's Day all rolled into one. I am tired and was gifted (I am not kidding) seven dolls. All porcelain except for one and a niece gave me a small furry animal. Apparently they scored a deal on eBay. Lol. No idea where I am putting anything so it's piled up for now. Hope everyone had a great day! ❤
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Happy Mother's Day to all!

Did some errands yesterday and wore myself out and took a long nap.  Today went to my DD's for brunch then we walked to a local street fair.  Had a good time walking around looking at the different booths, I had a lemonade,  my daughter had a beer.  We saw people we knew and just enjoyed being outside in the sun.  It was a perfect day - sunny with a hint of breeze so it never felt too hot.  I bought a cute hat to wear when outside and my DD bought a really pretty scarf.   Got home around 3:00 and feel so wiped out.  Will probably head to bed early.  Seems to be taking me longer to get my energy back than I thought it would and I'm not being very patient.  LOL

@Mmsfoxxie - so sorry to hear about your Mother's Day lunch!  How disappointing for you.

@Laura14 - wow that was a lot of occasions all in one!  LOL  I used to collect porcelain dolls.  Had more Marie Osmond dolls than one person should have! LOL  I gave them all away years ago when I got divorced.  

Hope everyone had a good day!