Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the May Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Good morning, group.  Happy belated birthday @bopper.  I didn't come back on yesterday after I posted so I didn't see this.  I know you appreciated the blessing of another year.

You're very low key about it compared to one of my exercise instructors who started talking about his a couple of weeks ago before May even got here.  He's a twin and says they're  going to have several bd parties.  At the end of our cardio class yesterday, he had us doing dancing as if we were in a party except that he amplified his part with  push ups with one hand, splits, etc.  It was fun to watch and modify doing.  We didn't try the split, lol.

Oh, those grand kids certainly are a joy, aren't they.  My son sent me a short video a few weeks ago of how my grand daughter reacted to her new play pen.  It looked like it was made of mesh on the sides it seemed.  She sits there looking around and assessing it, then starts crawling around and met one of the mesh sides.  She tries to keep going and can't understand why she's stopped.  She backs up and tries again.  Goes to another side and tries.  The puzzled looks she had were really funny.

@DrKelli, you are really a busy lady!  I don't know how you have time to do your personal exercising, lol.

Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba scheduled for today.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all--a quick check in since I'm only at work until 10.  I did my regular Quick Fit class yesterday and then when I got home, I walked the dogs and then went back out and walked another 1.5 miles myself.  I will try to practice Zumba tonight when I get to the conference hotel.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning, my birthday was good, had a nice dinner out and then my son came over with the girls.   The day was warm and sunny.

Today I did only 10 minutes of arms on TG and then walked, I'm having trouble not being outside when it isn't cold out and the next few days only in the low 40's so I have to be out when it's warmer out.   

Thanks for the BD wishes everyone, it was a good day!

Heading to hair appt. in a bit and it looks like rain, but we need it, wild fires around me now in the woods. 

Have a good one!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  My size four font is small again this morning.  I hesitate to change it because it might be bigger on your screen.  It's looking more like size two for me.  I think it's a qvc issue.

I can't tell you how beautiful the weather was yesterday!  I should have went out to do weed pulling.  Each year, I have to push myself to do it.  My tomatoes that I ordered should be here any day now from Cottage Farm or the other one, I forget which.  Last year I bought some from the grocery store and had very small yield and one very large, icky, ugly worm.  My head is itching just thinking about that thing.

My iPad Pro 10.5 should be coming tomorrow and I am so excited!  Yea!!  I've wanted the Pro for about two years and things kept coming up that kept me from buying it.  Also I wasn't sure that that 12 inch size would be right for me.  This smaller size should be just right.  I already received the Smart Keyboard and pencil.  This is my Mother's Day gift to myself.  Best excuse I could think of, lol.  The main selling point was zero financing if you pay it off within 18 months.  This is how I got my 9.7 iPad and I paid it off in about four months.

No workout today.  I have my podiatrist appointment this morning.  Thunderstorms are expected but I hope we dodge that.  Hubby is driving but still, I don't like being in a car if it's thundering and lightening.  My husband likes driving and I don't so he takes me to places that I'm not familiar with.  I will get lost in the blink of an eye, lol.  Don't have a gps or whatever it's called.  Don't want one.  I've heard that they get you lost, too.

Well, it seems that everyone is in a good place on here or is recuperating.... that's great.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning, it's dreary here and raining but we really need the rain, we're very very dry despite snow in the wood still there are wild fires.

Got groceries and have them put away, really wanted to walk outside but not happening today.  May take a off day today, I need to scrub the kitchen floor and bathroom also, ick!

We had a big doe in the backyard about 8 last night eating grass and bird seed.  She was so pretty, we watched her for quite some time.

Not much on my agenda today which is fine by me!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Nice-ish day here by the Bay.  A little overcast, cool but looks like the sun is trying to come out.

This first week back at work as been very tiring.  At the end of the day I am beat.  I see the eye doctor today, hopefully he'll say all is good.  If so, then I will start slowly exercising again. 

@Mmsfoxxie your Mother's Day gift to yourself sounds wonderful!  Good for you!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I was feverish with body aches for three days......better today and got out on the trail early.  32 min done.

Almost ran on a rattlesnake...not as big as the one a coup!e years ago...  Of course I was at a dead end and had to run back......he was gone....gives me the heebeejeebeez.

I'll try to post a pic later....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Glad you are feeling better @MickD  Heart

Honored Contributor

Doctor Report - "Looks beautiful!  Everything looks great, just great!"  Wahooo!!!  I see the eye doctor again in 3 weeks but such a relief that all looks good.

Now to get back into the swing of working out - slowly....  Thank you everyone for your support through these past few weeks.  So glad that I'm now on the other side of it all.

Judy

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Yesterday was overcast with a couple of short bouts of rain but I was lucky that it wasn't during my out time.

My podiatrist appointment was kind of uneventful in that he didn't really recommend a good show other than New Balance, which I knew.  I wanted a particular shoe model.  He did say that my bunion was not the problem, it's still arthritis of my foot but down it's the joints of the big toe as well.  I'm happy that it's not the bunion, though.  You waste a lot of money trying out different shoes.

@JudyL, I'm so happy that your surgery was a complete success!  @MickD, that snake sighting would have scared me to death, lol.  I'll keep the little nuisance critters I already have, thank you.  Although, I'd love to kill that woodpecker that has put five holes into the side of my house.  I just saw them last week.  Last year, a chipmunk got in.  We have a lot of trees which had grown close enough to the roof that they were running back and forth from tree to a gutter into a hole they had made.  We've had to cut down trees, trim huge branches off of trees.  Expensive.

Zumba this morning and that low grade class that I don't care for.  

Today marks two years that I have been an active member of my fitness center.  Going almost everyday.  I've never been this committed to anything other than my family ever...that I remember.  My husband can't believe it, lol.

Have a great day!