QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a live link

Occasional Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

@Elizabeth95, yes, I have, I was unable to find any. There used to a be a raw vegan cafe called Borrowed Earth Cafe in Downers Grove, IL but the owners closed it nearly 2 years ago. 

@sgraham30

If you like home delivery service, check out Purple Carrot.  Their vegan selection is really good.  Also, if on Facebook, check out Bosh, great vegan/vegetarian recipes.  Bosh does a variety of recipes from many cultures so you always have a variety.  They're based out of the UK but it's easy to do the conversions. 

I grew up South of Chicago.  Now I'm in CA and the options for vegan are amazing.  I will say, it's becoming easier nowadays to find better options.

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

I wish I knew of a vegan restaurant in the area that I live in (one of Chicago's NW suburbs) I've completely stopped eating out because most restaurants only have 1, maybe 2 offerings on their menu for those of us who choose not to eat animal protein, I got tired of having to eat the same meal pretty much every time I ate out.

@sgraham30

There's an app called "Happy Cow" which lists many veg restaurants

in/around your specified location.  HTH!

Honored Contributor

Plant based proteins; soy, beans, tofu, lentils, legumes,  peanuts.  There is also a minimal amount of protein in rice, corn and some whol grains.  

Honored Contributor

America's protein obsession is such a distraction for good health.

Funny how people are so hung up on it.

Every single food has carbohydrate, protein & fat.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom, thanks for that info, much appreciated!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Elizabeth95, thank you for that info! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Where is the science  behind the claim that eating one egg is as damaging to the body as smoking 5 cigarettes?

Soeaking of science, there is a whole lotta cherry picking going on in What the Health, which is a shame, because there is other good info in it.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Where is the science  behind the claim that eating one egg is as damaging to the body as smoking 5 cigarettes?

Soeaking of science, there is a whole lotta cherry picking going on in What the Health, which is a shame, because there is other good info in it.

Dr Oz recommends eating one hard boiled egg daily, says it is natures perfect food. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Ummmm....it was in the link which you provided.

Nurses' Health Study...over 100,000 participants.

IMG_2225.jpg