Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot,   Yes, today's standards would consider her plus.  How ridiculous.  Marilyn always looked good in movies.  Have you seen Angelina lately?  Her arms are matchsticks.  Being thin is one thing but when you look like you are on the border of anorexia, you need to gain a few pounds.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot,   Yes, today's standards would consider her plus.  How ridiculous.  Marilyn always looked good in movies.  Have you seen Angelina lately?  Her arms are matchsticks.  Being thin is one thing but when you look like you are on the border of anorexia, you need to gain a few pounds.

@Katcat1

No, they would not.  It's a myth that's been perpetuated.

Her height was 5'5".  Her weight was 118 and at her heaviest she was close to 140.  Her measurements were 37-23-36 (give or take an inch, depending).  

Clothing of hers that are in museums have been measured, there are accounts of her measurements left by dressmakers, and, of course there are our own eyeballs who can see she was never anywhere near today's "plus" size.  She would be a size 4 in today's clothing, having a smaller waist than the standard size 4, so her clothing would have to be made to order.

So no, she was nowhere near a "plus" of today, even at her "hefty" 140 lbs.

I have no comment about Angelina's arms.

Honored Contributor

Re: VEGAN DIETS

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

More on the size 16 myth.

The measurements I listed might be on the "large" side, and she was smaller than a size 4 on her lower half at her 118 lbs.

No one can look at her photos and believe she was a today's size equivalent of 14-16, much less a plus.

It's totally weird how the myth has perpetuated.  

http://themarilynmonroecollection.com/marilyn-monroe-true-size/

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Katcat1

The measurements I listed might be on the "large" side, and she was smaller than a size 4 on her lower half at her 118 lbs.

No one can look at her photos and believe she was a today's size equivalent of 14-16, much less a plus.

ELizabeth Hurley's a real sweetheart😐

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Katcat1

ELizabeth Hurley's a real sweetheart😐

@tansy

And a dimwit.

She couldn't even squeeze into one of Marilyn's dresses.

Cat LOL

Contributor
that’s funny! plants are actually loaded with protein—more protein and more bioavailable protein. compared calorie for calorie, plants provide more protein. and if you think about it, most animals were is for food or herbivores who are getting their protein from plants! (“grain-fed” beef) How strange is it that we do it the way we do it. And it’s totally not sustainable.

sadly, we weren’t taught that in school, and it is a source of confusion in 2019.
Contributor
sorry, autoCorrect said that. I meant to say that most animals who are raised for “food”
Contributor
if I had a dollar ...
Contributor
Cowspiracy! watch it now, on Netflix I believe.