Honored Contributor

Re: VEGAN DIETS

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Where is the science  behind the claim that eating one egg is as damaging to the body as smoking 5 cigarettes? 

Ummmm....it was in the link which you provided.

Nurses' Health Study...over 100,000 participants.

IMG_2225.jpg

Cherry picking.

Can you even point to the conclusion about eggs and cigarettes in the Nurse's study?

Honored Contributor

Just wanted to say that I have the utmost respect for those who choose veganism for ethical reasons.  My own diet is mostly plants, lots of green leafies, fruits.

What I have an issue with are dodgy studies that don't prove better health, and even worse, those dodgy studies that assert "cures".

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Where is the science  behind the claim that eating one egg is as damaging to the body as smoking 5 cigarettes?

Soeaking of science, there is a whole lotta cherry picking going on in What the Health, which is a shame, because there is other good info in it.

Dr Oz recommends eating one hard boiled egg daily, says it is natures perfect food. 

I like my eggs (pasture raised, where the hens get out and walk around in fields and eat all the bugs that they want) to be poached. I like the yolk to be a little runny.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Just wanted to say that I have the utmost respect for those who choose veganism for ethical reasons.  My own diet is mostly plants, lots of green leafies, fruits.

What I have an issue with are dodgy studies that don't prove better health, and even worse, those dodgy studies that assert "cures".

They are not 'dodgy' studies.  The information is everywhere.  

It's been proven time & time & time again animal products/byproducts,

oils & other processed foods are not good for us.  

Never have been, are not, and never will be.  

It's not that hard to understand. 

Once someone gets it & sees results (and I'm proud to have someone

in this thread who has recently discovered the power of the plant for

her health/life), everything that is said makes so.much.sense. 

I'm happy for the OP who is willing to try new things with his/her friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

You choose to ignore many studies that contradict what you present.Or you just attack "the other side" and bring up horrible fast food and processed items, as though that were the only alternative.  And then you cherry pick studies to "prove" your assertions. 

I asked in the study you pointed to where it concluded eating one egg did the same damage to a body that 5 cigarettes do, but you havien't responded.

You are certainly entitled to eat however you like and tell people the wonders of it, but you really have no business making some of the outlandish statements about it that you do, such as diabetes being "cured" for "everyone" when they start eating a high starch diet.  The "information" might be "everywhere", but much of it is refuted by others..  

As far as "trying new things", that's great if you are struggling with you health and educate yourself about where you are headed, but some people aren't really interested in trying new things when what they are doing is working just fine for them.  Your dire predictions of their declining health and early demise if they don't follow your path is just nonsense.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Soeaking of science, there is a whole lotta cherry picking going on in What the Health, which is a shame, because there is other good info in it.

Dr Oz recommends eating one hard boiled egg daily, says it is natures perfect food. 

I like my eggs (pasture raised, where the hens get out and walk around in fields and eat all the bugs that they want) to be poached. I like the yolk to be a little runny.

I only buy eggs from local farmers who do the same.  They taste so much better, and I abhor factory farming.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

You choose to ignore many studies that contradict what you present.Or you just attack "the other side" and bring up horrible fast food and processed items, as though that were the only alternative.  And then you cherry pick studies to "prove" your assertions. 

I asked in the study you pointed to where it concluded eating one egg did the same damage to a body that 5 cigarettes do, but you havien't responded.

You are certainly entitled to eat however you like and tell people the wonders of it, but you really have no business making some of the outlandish statements about it that you do, such as diabetes being "cured" for "everyone" when they start eating a high starch diet.  The "information" might be "everywhere", but much of it is refuted by others..  

As far as "trying new things", that's great if you are struggling with you health and educate yourself about where you are headed, but some people aren't really interested in trying new things when what they are doing is working just fine for them.  Your dire predictions of their declining health and early demise if they don't follow your path is just nonsense.

@QueenDanceALot

You are absolutly 100% right!!!!

There is no 1 diet, way of eating that is perfect for every. single. human being on this planet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2

How many times have we heard over the years that only one way was the right way?

People have different needs for a variety of reasons.  One size fits all just never works.

I suppose now I'll be accused of ignorance, at the very least, and collusion with corporate food lobbyists at the worst.

All while I eat my romaine, beet, carrot, apple, and sunflower seed salad.  Oh, with a small piece of free range chicken.  OMG

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

It's not cherry picking.  We've got plenty of information to share.  Bushels & bushels! It's not that hard to find...source being your choice.  Facts are facts....millions upon millions of people, in different cultures, for millennium which have & are living with good health, no heart disease, no arthritis, no T2 diabetes, no modern day illness plaguing us today.   No need for a laboratory or slide presentation to understand.

As for the 5 cigarette bit, I am responding....it's in the links of the article y.o.u. provided (moderators deleted link).  Again, if you Google...the information is there. 

And yes, T2 diabetes can be cured...call it 'permanent remission' if someone can't swallow the word 'cure'.  Same, same.

Both never to test blood sugars again.  

Both never to take medication again.  

Both never to live with the permanent consequences T2 diabetes has on the body.  

This thread was about someone going to a restaurant asking about protein in vegan food.  Many of us responded with the answers...serious & some in jest.  The movie 'What The Health', about veganism, was brought up...you posted a link w/ questions, I posted a link with answers.  Done.

Sorry, I can't dumb it down further than that. 

Intelligent minds are curious minds. And an intelligent mind will research their opposition...and I do...a lot.  If the research is good, I would change, but Paleo/animal based WOE is not good...it only makes my resolve with Plant-Based even stronger.  So I suggest...if you still have questions, be curious & research the opposition.

There's no reason to personally attack me or anyone one else who agrees with healthy plant-based food choices. It's sad, close to disturbing, when qualifying my passion as 'nonsense'.  If you are that passionate about anti-plants & how meat will save the world, start a new thread.  But as much Public sand-kicking is done to the plant-based WOE, we will still make room for everyone for those wanting to learn.  If you have questions, we have answers...with slides...and studies...and videos..and amazing success stories!   🌼🍏

I come from a place of 'Yes'.

I want everyone to be healthy, but sometimes 'just fine'

isn't good enough...or 'just fine' might be too late.

If my passion, knowledge, information, experience

can help just one person, then it's worth it.

🌼💛💚🍏🥔

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

It's not cherry picking.  We've got plenty of information to share.  Bushels & bushels! It's not that hard to find...source being your choice.  Facts are facts....millions upon millions of people, in different cultures, for millennium which have & are living with good health, no heart disease, no arthritis, no T2 diabetes, no modern day illness plaguing us today.   No need for a laboratory or slide presentation to understand.

As for the 5 cigarette bit, I am responding....it's in the links of the article y.o.u. provided (moderators deleted link).  Again, if you Google...the information is there. 

And yes, T2 diabetes can be cured...call it 'permanent remission' if someone can't swallow the word 'cure'.  Same, same.

Both never to test blood sugars again.  

Both never to take medication again.  

Both never to live with the permanent consequences T2 diabetes has on the body.  

This thread was about someone going to a restaurant asking about protein in vegan food.  Many of us responded with the answers...serious & some in jest.  The movie 'What The Health', about veganism, was brought up...you posted a link w/ questions, I posted a link with answers.  Done.

Sorry, I can't dumb it down further than that. 

Intelligent minds are curious minds. And an intelligent mind will research their opposition...and I do...a lot.  If the research is good, I would change, but Paleo/animal based WOE is not good...it only makes my resolve with Plant-Based even stronger.  So I suggest...if you still have questions, be curious & research the opposition.

There's no reason to personally attack me or anyone one else who agrees with healthy plant-based food choices. It's sad, close to disturbing, when qualifying my passion as 'nonsense'.  If you are that passionate about anti-plants & how meat will save the world, start a new thread.  But as much Public sand-kicking is done to the plant-based WOE, we will still make room for everyone for those wanting to learn.  If you have questions, we have answers...with slides...and studies...and videos..and amazing success stories!   🌼🍏

I come from a place of 'Yes'.

I want everyone to be healthy, but sometimes 'just fine'

isn't good enough...or 'just fine' might be too late.

If my passion, knowledge, information, experience

can help just one person, then it's worth it.

🌼💛💚🍏🥔

And there you go, insulting those of us who reach different conclusions because of what WE have learned and continue to learn.  You can call us ignorant and uneducated all you like.  You can also say that we're not thriving.  You will still be wrong about that.

I see you still don't answer my question about the egg/cigarette relationship,  I'll just assume you can't.  It is not discussed in the Nurse's study.  

That's fine.  I'm not looking to you to teach me. Just thought you might clarify the assertion, since you're so knowledgeable about it.

And BTW, I have said on several occasions that my diet is mostly plants.  I am not, in any way, shape, or form, "anti-plants", that's just crazy talk.  And I never, ever suggested that meat-eating would save the world.  I have consistenly said that I am anti corporate farming, anti-feedlot, anti-hormone, anti-antibiotic, and anti inhumane treatment of animals.

But you don't seem to read those parts of my posts, only the ones where I dare question anything about the information you provide.