Respected Contributor

I'm Learning...(Diabetic RX's)

Forgive my spelling. Levimer gave me horrible taste & smell.  Bad breakouts on my face which I have never had , I'm 64.  My hair fell out for the first time ever.  I was starving all the time.

Today my doctor had me try a sample of Triceba in the office made by the same company.  On the way home the taste & smell were back along with a terrible sore throat and tounge.  I called the company about both meds but today I ASKED if this was a common side effect.  It was but is not mentioned on anyinfo I have read.

I never cry unless there's a death but that went out the window today.  I feel like 50 miles of bad road and  have other painful health problems.

The  worst part is I called my doctor's office and his answer was "stay on it for 2 weeks."  I politely refused.

This is not a cry for sympathy, I just needed to vent and let others that may have similar problems know they are not alone.

Thank you and good health to all,

Cathy

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Learning...(Diabetic RX's)

Have you tried metformin?

Respected Contributor

That was my first try. GI problems...  Thank you for the suggestion and I hope it works for you.

Honored Contributor

It's not without problems too, but I'm on Janumet (Januvia/Metformin combined).  My numbers are good.  Been on it for years.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Forgive my spelling. Levimer gave me horrible taste & smell.  Bad breakouts on my face which I have never had , I'm 64.  My hair fell out for the first time ever.  I was starving all the time.

Today my doctor had me try a sample of Triceba in the office made by the same company.  On the way home the taste & smell were back along with a terrible sore throat and tounge.  I called the company about both meds but today I ASKED if this was a common side effect.  It was but is not mentioned on anyinfo I have read.

I never cry unless there's a death but that went out the window today.  I feel like 50 miles of bad road and  have other painful health problems.

The  worst part is I called my doctor's office and his answer was "stay on it for 2 weeks."  I politely refused.

This is not a cry for sympathy, I just needed to vent and let others that may have similar problems know they are not alone.

Thank you and good health to all,

Cathy

This makes me so angry...! You go ahead and vent...u shouldn't take this new drug. My pharmacist is always honest w/me about side effects. Do u have one that you can talk too?? Can u take insulin?? Lantus?? I would call and ask your pharmacist tomorrow. I was very sick on metformin and my pharmacist suggested I quit. Thank God...I was losing so much weight and in constant pain. I am SO sorry you're going through this! Telling you to take something for 2 weeks thats making you sick, makes no sense! Maybe you need a new doctor! I have a very compassionate doctor..she wanted to change me to a different drug...I forget what it was..but I told her why?? When I was doing so well on the Lantus. She agreed. I worked for doctors for many years...and they don't intimidate me...they're just people like you and me! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I hope you will find a med that works for you.  Take care and feel free to vent anytime. 

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

Oh no, I’m sorry to read about your medication issues or should I say your mean doctor. This angers me also. I have had doctors that didn’t read my allergy list and I ended up in the hospital. 

I hope your neighbors, friends, pharmacists will help you find the right medication and doctor for you. 

Your DH and Scooter are probably worried for you also. 

Love and hugs beautiful, 

🦋

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom   I did have problems with metformin, and I switched to ER and take 1/2 the dose I used to. It still gave me problems

I have gastritis, and took everything under the sun to feel better. I started taking probiotics about a month ago. It is called goodbelly. After the third day, I could burp again, and I haven't been able to do that in 2 years

I also watch my diet, and don't have things like diet pop, and many other things, that upset my stomach, Dr Axe has a list of things ,not to eat ,on his website

I am not saying it will cure your problem, because it cured mine, but, it might be worth looking into

Respected Contributor

@cherry  Thank you so much for your suggestion!  I will definately look this Dr. up.  I am glad to know you have found a solution to your problem.  I think I will have to find my own also , but I will take the advice given here and pursue another doc, talk with pharm, and revamp my diet.

@butterfly123Hello long time friend!  You are the best and could give lessons in loving friendship Heart  Thank you @butterfly123

Thank you everyone and I wish you all good health.

Your cyber friend, Cathy