Respected Contributor

Re: For Those Who Don't Have Prescription Coverage

Other countries set prices for medications; big Pharma has no control. When I lived in Buffalo we used to drive ten miles across the border and get the same meds sold in the U.S. MUCH cheaper. Some people go to Mexico. I used to get a medication from Italy. It's perfectly safe; all you have to do is make sure the pharmaceutical company is the same manufacturer. I used to take the brand name of Protonix because I reacted to one of the fillers in the generic. It went from seventy dollars to two hundred sixty a month so now I'm trying different generics because they use different fillers.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I just checked the prices on my drugs. One of the drugs that I take is $803 at Walmart and Sam's Club. That's the cheapest price available. I pay $35 co-pay. I had no idea it would be that much, but it's not available in a generic yet. It's a fairly new drug.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Sabatini2 said:

Thanks for all the info, I thought I'd add...

I'm between jobs and currently have no medical benefits, and recently discovered the following. Any of you who use CVS for prescriptions - they will give a Triple A discount on prescription meds. I save approximately $20+ on my blood pressure prescription.

HTH.

You have until 2/15 to sign up for marketplace insurance.

If you have only unemployment income this year so far, your insurance might be free (or VERY affordable).