Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Following a Diet?

I work with a dietitian who put me on a new Lifestyle Plan.  I now know what foods cause me inflammation and create cravings.  

I now eat more food and calories than I EVER did! My co-workers find it funny that I eat all day and yet lose wt.

I lost 15 pounds without thinking about it.  Now my goal is to maintain my weight as I do not need to lose anymore wt.  

For that last 5 months my weight has been stable within 1.4 pounds.

PS no exercising here, other than walking the dogs Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Violann, have to give you a big heart for your weight loss.  The food you mentioned in your post that you eat every day ..that and the green salad?  I'm a vegetarian so your plan sounds great to me.  I do eat dairy,yogurt etc.  I'm hoping I can lose about 30 lbs. You really are an inspiration.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Hi skylark. Yes, yesterday a HUGE salad of baby field greens, mixed unsalted nuts, my whole egg and an omelet made of the 5 or 6 egg whites, and two cups of dark berries for dessert. For the salad, a vinagrette of. T of olive oil and a big splash of Balsamic vinegar.
I do eat hot veggies in cold weather, and sometimes make my omelet with onions, peppers etc. sauted in a tiny bit of coconut oil.
Super Contributor

I started one about two weeks also  because I get a lot of inflammation if I eat the wrong things. Every morning I start out with a green smoothie. Spinach and Kale  also little frozen fruit and if I have some fresh fruit I'll throw a little bit of that in with water. Lunch a  nice  tuna wrap and small salad. Dinner grilled vegetables and grilled chicken. Before bed another green smoothie. I feel fabulous now my inflammation and sinuses  have cleared up and this is a good way to live. I also lost a few pounds and I also walk twice a day.

Honored Contributor

@little daisy  I'm interested in which diet item you feel is most beneficial in alleviating your inflammation? TIA

Going to try gluten-free items in MEDIFAST.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@janey2 wrote:

I want to lose about 20 pounds and am interested in knowing what you follow (or followed) to drop the pounds. I would like a quick start to get about 10 pounds off fast. Thanks in advance.

I do not diet.  I eat often.  One will lose weight if they don't eat anything "white' except for fish or cauliflower or egg whites, if one doens't eat anything fried, if one doesn't eat anthing from a box and if one eats mainly lean proteins and low-glycemic vegetables.  I eat a lot , but I am very selective on what I'll eat.  I eat lean proteins such as low-fat fish and low-glycemic veggies/egg wihites and a few lower=glycemic fruits like strawberies, blackberries and raspberries. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I work with a dietitian who put me on a new Lifestyle Plan.  I now know what foods cause me inflammation and create cravings.  

I now eat more food and calories than I EVER did! My co-workers find it funny that I eat all day and yet lose wt.

I lost 15 pounds without thinking about it.  Now my goal is to maintain my weight as I do not need to lose anymore wt.  

For that last 5 months my weight has been stable within 1.4 pounds.

PS no exercising here, other than walking the dogs Smiley Happy

BECAUSE you are not eating fried foods or food with a lot of sugar or fat.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"