Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Following a Diet?

Right now, it's the Girl Scout Cookie Diet, and no, it's not working out well.

Valued Contributor

I do believe in Weight Watchers and have had great success in the past. Over the last 15 years or so my weight has crept up and I need to lose about 20 or 30 pounds. I am following weight watchers and it is very easy to do once you get the hang of it.

Good luck to you in your weight loss venture.

By the way, I have only been back on Weight Watchers for a week and a half and I already feel better.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I'm back on Weight Watchers and have lost 17 lbs since the 1st of January. It's not super fast but I'm pleased because I know I'm eating healthy. I need to lose about 10 more. My knees feel so much better. I regained my weight before because I allowed stress to get the best of me. I'm better now.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

All my life. When I was a child, I didn't "know" I was short, and shouldn't eat as much as the other kids........so I was "stocky". Took me a long time to lose the "baby fat".........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 AuntG said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Thanks for the giggle!!

Honored Contributor

Cookie and mmsfoxxie, I'm there with you! Good luck and keep it up!

Respected Contributor

I am doing Atkins. It's not like the old program, its more vegetables and some meat.

The ladies on these forums suggested George Stella's cookbooks and I bought all of them in paper form.

George is offering a special on his website for kindle/nook users

http://stellastyle.com/

We are also drinking Jay Robb Whey Protein shakes made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I use them as a meal replacement at work and walk at lunch time. I bought the 80 oz package with is just over a dollar per shake.

Besides loosing weight and feeling better I have notice some other perks from this diet.

Vision is much better all day long, no high and low blood sugar from hypoglycemia and sleepyness in the afternoons, nuropathy in hands and feet are gone.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 qualitygal said:
On 3/19/2015 AuntG said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Thanks for the giggle!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

LOL

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I don't diet. I eat mainly lean proteins, greek yogurt and low glycemic index veggies. I probably eat more calories than a lot of women, but it's the "right" calories. I don't eat fried foods, I rarely eat bread, I don't eat pasta or rice and rarely have potatoes-maybe one baked potato a year.

I don't use salad dressings that are bottled. I use a small amount of olive oil and a lot of balsamic vinegar. Low-fat salad dressings are full of sugars and regular salad dressing have too much fat.

Veggies and low fat proteins are your friend. Don't eat anything from a box.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Lean protein, lots of fruits and vegetables. Some whole grains like brown rice (NOT the ones that say Whole Grain on the box - look at the ingredients) when my activity levels warrant them (i.e. heavy workouts). Nuts and seeds in small amounts.

Avoid Sugar (only eat naturally occurring sugars in fruits and vegs), no flour (breads, pasta, cakes, crackers, etc), no processed foods, no alcohol (or only occasional).

Drink lots of pure water.

Stay active.