WEN

Regular Contributor

😢Hate to say it, but I hate the new Apple scent. I was concerned because of the Amber in the ingredients but went ahead based on the description. I love fruit scents, FTP,SMC, SHP but this is not light and fruity. It is definitely Apple, but does not smell fresh to me. There is a super cloying, masculine note in it (must be the amber.) This will be the first Wen I send back in 12 years😞. I am glad I didn’t go crazy with the scent and stuck with FTP and FGP for my other purchases. 

Honored Contributor

@kesstrain I think it has sandalwood in it; perhaps that is the masculine note you are picking up. I'm not a big sandalwood lover; however, when a sample of this new Apple was used on my hair sometime ago at his salon, I really did like it. 

Mine is out for delivery today, so am eager to compare my thoughts with your post. 

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler, I don’t think it’s sandalwood. I am pretty sure it is amber. I saw that in the ingredients and it made me hesitate but no one had mentioned a heavy note so 

I took the chance. I don’t love sandalwood, but I don’t find it to be masculine either. It was too much for me in the white pumpkin but I think I might have been ok with it if it was just a hint (it was overpowering). This is though, at least to me, similarly cloying. I put a tiny bit on my arm a few hours ago and still smell that heavy note.

Honored Contributor

@kesstrain Sandalwood is why I don't care as much for the WEN Men's products.

Well, if it isn't sandalwood, but amber, I will be really eager to try the Apple. UPS notified me that it had delivered my TSV and Bella Spirit duo about one hour ago, so I will be dashing home after work and tearing that box apart!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko   I'm glad some of your Wen is coming from the CA warehouse Smiley Very Happy

I can't for you to get your Bella Spirit and hear what you think of it Woman Very Happy There is something different and better about the performance of it than other CCs. My hair is so smooth, no frizz, no poof Smiley LOL

I think I'm more in love with the BST than the BSI Smiley Wink

I was thinking about this, @FleaMktQn.

Intuitively, I was sensing that Bella Spirit CC line is a totally different and even more sophisticated WEN product. 

That's why I wanted to get me a second set, in case if this is a new CC I may want to switch to, but did not buy before the shipping fees was added, and not only that - it's only $3, still just did not want to accumulate too many bottles stash ever again.

So I thought - he'll bring it back at some point, for sure.

Really can't wait to try it, especially after hearing you think it's different, in a good way!

@sonechko  I KNOW it's about  THIS "just did not want to accumulate too many bottles stash ever again"  Woman LOL

I'm there too!!! TOO much stash Woman Embarassed but I buy 3 sets Smiley Embarassed

And have no regrets Woman Tongue

Sick I tell Ya but I'm happy Smiley Very Happy

I also Intuitively felt this CC line would be quite different. It's everything I hoped it would be Heart I would even say it exceded my expectations Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure he will bring it back and offer them separately at some point. Duo is still available at the event price Smiley Very Happy I'm like you I won't let $3 shipping keep me from having something I want Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

While busy opening packages and jumping in the shower to try the new Bella Spirit Traditional and Indigo (now letting it air-dry), I opened up the new Fresh Apple and really do like it. The smell is a definitely a fresh apple to me, very pleasant, and very crisp/clean smelling. I am pretty sure I will like it once I get it into a frothy consistency and apply to my hair.

But for now........come on, hair, and dry so I can take an "after" photo!

Valued Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Washed my hair with Fall Fresh Apple second cleanse after TT today.

I like this new CC. The smell is light and not overpowering.

It's scent is nothing like Kiddy Wen Apple. It smells more subtle, or like maybe freshly baked apple, with something else, it could be a little vanilla.

The consistency of FFA is creamy and it cleansed very well, while rinsing out nicely.

My hair feels very clean, soft, voluminous and manageable all day today.

Over-all result - excellent hair!

@sonechko,  hi there Smiley Happy I agree with your description.  I got mine as part of the TSV.  I love the scent and the performance.  I used it today as my leave in.  

Formally NewtoWen
Respected Contributor

Kesstrain, I also smelled that "amber", it is a musky scent to me, and it ensures I won't buy it individually, even without the honey component that I'm allergic to.  I do remember smelling the sandalwood in FVWP, it smelled like incense.  It was a strong scent that lingered in my hair.  I had to be in the right mood to enjoy that one, and now I realize what I'm allergic to in some of the seasonals, it is also off my list.  I sure hope Chaz never discontinues FGP, WVM, SOB and SMC, those are the only ones I can use and that work well on my hair.  If he does, I'll be down to TT and FIG, and maybe the new BSI, if it works for me like it's doing for others so far.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  Wens Men is my favorite CC, but I wasn’t so in love with the scent 

at first..but now I do love the scent!.. sometimes scents can change to our noses maybe 

after a bit. . I wasn’t a SCB fan but now I like that scent also.. You can also mix & 

create a new scent out of a not so favorite..Smiley HappySmiley Happy.  (Well I do) lol