WEN

Respected Contributor

I used it as a first cleanse last night, and while I like it cold, when it's warm on my head, there is a musky undertone I don't like very much.  I'm glad I only have 16 ounces to use up as a first cleanse, and not sad I'm allergic to it.  I hope those of you who aren't allergic love the scent, I imagine it will work as nicely as the rest of Chaz's honied seasonals.  The cold scent is indeed fresh, crisp, juicy apple, that part I just love!

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP  I'm confused.  What was the allergic reaction you experienced with the fall fresh apple?  

Respected Contributor

It's not the FFA in particular, it's the honey compound in all the new seasonals Chaz has been producing since he introduced Summer Honey Peach.  I developed an allergy to it, I don't know why, but now all the CC's that contain it make my scalp itch terribly.  I can't use MIF or PJP, either.  That's why I was so happy to see that Indigo does not have honey in it, it means I can use it as a second cleanse as intended, and it won't irritate my scalp.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP

Sorry to hear of your problem with the honey ! 😿

My hair LOVES it and it is SO shinny.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Fresh Apple

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Drythe.  My hair loves the honey, too, most especially the SHP CC and styling products, nothing matches the shininess from that formula for me.  However, when my scalp is itchy and bumpy and red, that eclipses the shininess factor, so I avoid the formulas that I know cause me grief. 

ETA:  I just went and looked at some formulas, the particular compound I'm sensitive to seems to be Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey.

Valued Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the new Fall Fresh Apple!  🍏 🍎 

It will be awhile til I get to try it, my TSV is stuck - no movement since it was “in transit to UPS” and my FFA styling trio is still in process with my Bella Spirit duo. 

@Souperkrys  I used it this morning and like it very much.  To me it doesn't smell like a regular apple, as WenKids does, it smells more like a spicey baked apple, and the scent is light.  I used it as a second cleanse with TT as my first, and my hair looks full and glossy.   Hope when you finally receive it, you will like it, too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 Thanks for the review! Am so eager to receive my TSV so I can try it. I was not particularly fond of the WEN Kids Apple, but loved the other two scents for the kids. I definitely did not like the Fall Apple Spice. 

I think the Fall Fresh Apple will be the perfect "in between" the two apple scents for me.

Valued Contributor

@bruingirl wrote:

it smells like a fresh cut McInstosh apple Smiley Happy absolutely zero spice, zero maple, ...doesn't smell anything like FAS. 

Good to hear!  Whenever I used FAS, ppl would ask why they they smelled apple pie and I would have to explain it's just my shampoo.  Plus my hair didn't particularly care for it vs. other seasonals I've used.

Esteemed Contributor

Washed my hair with Fall Fresh Apple second cleanse after TT today.

I like this new CC. The smell is light and not overpowering.

It's scent is nothing like Kiddy Wen Apple. It smells more subtle, or like maybe freshly baked apple, with something else, it could be a little vanilla.

The consistency of FFA is creamy and it cleansed very well, while rinsing out nicely.

My hair feels very clean, soft, voluminous and manageable all day today.

Over-all result - excellent hair!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @sonechko @CamilleP @bruingirl

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading others too, as I patiently await my tsv...which is still in process.😞