WEN

Super Contributor

Nothing much to do on this Saturday afternoon so I looked at all of the manufacture dates on my Wen stash. Nothing too bad other than my Winter Vanilla Mint that I kind of forgot to use during the winter and have hoarded just a little bit. I know I could use it during any  time of the year, but it smells like the holidays to me so I will be a more liberal in using it for winter of 16-17.

Otherwise, all of my CC's and SC's are dated 14 or 15. My oils (other than the Fig Sweet Orange that is mentioned earlier in this thread) are 14 and 15 also. I am going to be very curious to see how this whole situation with my 5 year old oil plays out with the Q.

Honored Contributor

One more reason not to create too big of a stash-if they are already sending out 2+ year old stock, if yours sits in the cabinet for another year or two you could be using at least a 3+ year old item, or worse, 6 or 7 year old item!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ladies...Been having Internet connection problems for hours. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on line now.

Rec'd my SOB oil today. This was  an exchange for my 2013 SGGT oil. The SOB is dated 140205. A lil bit better, eh?

@TamiT28 you are certainly correct regarding the lack of FIFO with the inventory. 

@Susan25 what type of price reduction were you thinking of for these older products? I wonder if there's an interest in 3 to 5 + year old items. Of course if they were sold before they started kindergarten,  that might be a whole different story.

@curiousincali  Sorry to hear about the RTM's. Those dates are ridiculous. Truly!  I just bought a 12 oz TT RTM from eBay. I'll plotz if it's from 2010. Six years, nope. It'll go right back to the seller! 

1. @sonechko I too am seeing mixed dates in some of the kits I've received. And like @surferwife, I'm still edgy about looking at the rest of my stash. It's disheartening. 

@HSB1204 and @Diva1Donna

I now know to be more vigilant in examining product upon receipt.  I believe we all will be going forward. I was so proud of myself for just tagging my product by order date and additionally cataloging in a spiral notebook. I even color coded by year. I'm a funny girl.

I did speak with CS last night. Had a fabulous rep, then got cut off. Called back to confirm our conversation. Not so sure if notes were written on all we discussed. I'll gather my wits and have another go at it tomorrow.  It's draining, so I like to be as organized as possible. 

Changing gear. I met with a local eBay seller today and rec'd my first Wen brush. It's great! Plus I spent some time with the most lovely young lady.  We'd met a couple years ago via another Wen transaction when I was new to Wen. It was so upbeat and much fun sharing our experiences and luvs. There is a definite kindred spirit with Wenners♡

It's snowing and blowing here. I took a picture and tried to load it but the image is too large. I'll have to try an edit the original photo on my phone.  It looks like Xmas. Lol or better yet, ho ho ho!

Trusted Contributor

Yikes!  I was annoyed my SHL oil was from 2/15. I cannot believe some of the dates you ladies are reporting!  Very unnacceptable. Wonder how this will play out with the Q

Honored Contributor

Re: Expiration date on RTM

[ Edited ]

I personally would not be interested in buying 4-5 year old products, even at a clearance/discounted price, especially oils which can easily go bad and rancid.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

One more reason not to create too big of a stash-if they are already sending out 2+ year old stock, if yours sits in the cabinet for another year or two you could be using at least a 3+ year old item, or worse, 6 or 7 year old item!!

I agree. I'm going to use up what I have and I will only buy more Wen if there's a CC that I use on a regular basis that I run out of. I don't want old products that I suddenly have to hurry up and use because they're older than things I bought before.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jeannie29 I agree with you 100%. It would be nice if the product was dated in the year it was ordered. My comment regarding the SOB I just received was meant to be tongue in cheek.

I can only speak to the CS reps I've spoken with. So far they're very helpful and accommodating under the circumstances. It's just so aggravating and inconvenient to have to spend time dealing with this. This shouldn't happen.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

Hi Ladies...Been having Internet connection problems for hours. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on line now.

Rec'd my SOB oil today. This was  an exchange for my 2013 SGGT oil. The SOB is dated 140205. A lil bit better, eh?

@TamiT28 you are certainly correct regarding the lack of FIFO with the inventory. 

@Susan25 what type of price reduction were you thinking of for these older products? I wonder if there's an interest in 3 to 5 + year old items. Of course if they were sold before they started kindergarten,  that might be a whole different story.

@Curiousincali  Sorry to hear about the RTM's. Those dates are ridiculous. Truly!  I just bought a 12 oz TT RTM from eBay. I'll plotz if it's from 2010. Six years, nope. It'll go right back to the seller! 

1. @sonechko@ I too am seeing mixed dates in some of the kits I've received. And like @SurferWife, I'm still edgy about looking at the rest of my stash. It's disheartening. 

@HSB1204@ and @Diva1Donna

I now know to be more vigilant in examining product upon receipt.  I believe we all will be going forward. I was so proud of myself for just tagging my product by order date and additionally cataloging in a spiral notebook. I even color coded by year. I'm a funny girl.

I did speak with CS last night. Had a fabulous rep, then got cut off. Called back to confirm our conversation. Not so sure if notes were written on all we discussed. I'll gather my wits and have another go at it tomorrow.  It's draining, so I like to be as organized as possible. 

Changing gear. I met with a local eBay seller today and rec'd my first Wen brush. It's great! Plus I spent some time with the most lovely young lady.  We'd met a couple years ago via another Wen transaction when I was new to Wen. It was so upbeat and much fun sharing our experiences and luvs. There is a definite kindred spirit with Wenners♡

It's snowing and blowing here. I took a picture and tried to load it but the image is too large. I'll have to try an edit the original photo on my phone.  It looks like Xmas. Lol or better yet, ho ho ho!

@rochelleS My SOB oil that was a replacement for the old SGGT arrived today too! It had the same date as yours, but it was fragrant so I will keep. My SOB RTM duo delivered last week was also from Feb 2014. I really like SOB so I will keep it since I plan on using it a lot this Spring. However, this makes me reconsider stockpiling certain seasonals. As a result of the SGGT oil experience, I actually canceled the remainder of my SGGT items because I didn't want to risk spending that kind of $$$ on old products. 

Respected Contributor

Oh, wow.  I'm not sure I'm happy that I stumbled across this thread.  I'm going to wait until morning to look at the dates on my products.  It never occurred to me to check. Cat Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The point is not by how much to discount 4-5 year old product NOW. 

Who would want it? Too late....... I would not want it at any discount.

Instead of being negligent with this, why not try NEVER get to a point, having such old inventory on hand! 

This is a management of inventory problem. Should they notice unsold products are growing beard, why not offer them at discount prices or kits sometimes before it gets to at least two years old.

If they would manage well, we (and they) would not have to deal with this now.