WEN

Respected Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

I truthfully never thought/worried about the expiration date of Wen products until I read on this form about the format of the manufacture dates being on the bottom of the bottles. I guess it was last year some time.  Getting something five years old is totally unacceptable. I hope QVC rectifies this for you!  This prompted me to go spot-check some of my products. I have some CC that I bought last summer that had early 2013 dates. Not really thrilled with that, but it's not five years old!  I'll be checking every product I buy now.  Best of luck @TamiT28!!   Rather disappointing...  Smiley Frustrated

@Jen44 Ever since I realized that you can check for the manufacturing date on the bottom of the bottle I've made it a habit to check. I guess it's something you really have to keep an eye on.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Expiration date on RTM

[ Edited ]

@Susan25 wrote:

I also remember reading on another thread about old dates on some of the Wen oils.  QVC should offer products at clearance prices like some other online sites do to prevent this.  If I knew that I had purchased something that was old, I would return it.   Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with any of the Wen that I have purchased but suppose that this could happen.  

I so agree with this statement, @Susan25. QVC should offer products at clearance prices like some other on-line sites do to prevent this.

Especially given the fact, some Seasonal inventory always remains unsold, and stays the entire year in warehouse!

For a moment I don't think, the warehouses are equipped like labs to keep proper temperature and moisture level year round.  With weather changes, products can be exposed to quite extreme temperature drops and rises. And this is only for one year!  What if, they are stored for five years?

I do feel for the buyers, and for both companies as well, as they may be taking quite a few returns on the old items.

To prevent this, QVC could start a practice discounting old inventory items way before they reach such a horrible mark as five years old.

Well priced special discount on products, i.e. oils and other WEN items may be offered way before the dates become suspiciously old, and, I am sure - products will sell in time to solve this problem!

I personally, do not mind, if these sales would include seasonal items outside their season vs. keeping them for too long in warehouses. Two year old production date could easily mandate quick sell out of these products.

I wish our kind moderator @Alice-QVC may be willing to pass this suggestion to QVC also. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

@Susan25 wrote:

I also remember reading on another thread about old dates on some of the Wen oils.  QVC should offer products at clearance prices like some other online sites do to prevent this.  If I knew that I had purchased something that was old, I would return it.   Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with any of the Wen that I have purchased but suppose that this could happen.  

I agree!!  QVC acquired Zulily - who many of us recently found out sells old/long expired products.  Zulily should be aware of the ages of the products they sell and have full disclosure with respect to expiration dates of products.  At least then the consumer can decide if they want to purchase a five-year old product at a reduced price.

@Jen44  It is good to know that  QVC is trying to sell their older products.  At least if you purchase items on sites like Zulily you know that some of the products may not be new and that is the reason that the products are such a good price.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TamiT28 wrote:

I just contacted someone on the Wen by Chaz Dean Facebook page about a code on a bottle of Fig Sweet Orange oil. Here was my code:

1st line:  110901  12

2nd line:  6 8 3 3 9

They replied that this product was manufactured in 2011.

Believe me, I am not a happy camper about purchasing something from QVC 2 weeks ago that is a product that is 5 years old.

Hope this helps.....

@TamiT28  Thank you TD28.  My numebrs are :

140210 09

I thought the first 2 numbers would be the year.  So the bottles that were shipped to me on 3/20/16 are from 2014, Maybe February)...  I am not happy with that either.  I need to check the 2 bottles of oil I just bought.  I am sending these back.  While yours is MUCH older than mine, these are not cheap products and I really do expect a FRESH bottle.  VERY DISAPPOINTED  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@TamiT28 wrote:

I just contacted someone on the Wen by Chaz Dean Facebook page about a code on a bottle of Fig Sweet Orange oil. Here was my code:

Believe me, I am not a happy camper about purchasing something from QVC 2 weeks ago that is a product that is 5 years old.

Hope this helps.....

140210 09

I thought the first 2 numbers would be the year.  So the bottles that were shipped to me on 3/20/16 are from 2014, Maybe February)...  I am not happy with that either.  I need to check the 2 bottles of oil I just bought.  I am sending these back.  While yours is MUCH older than mine, these are not cheap products and I really do expect a FRESH bottle.  VERY DISAPPOINTED  Smiley Sad

That is correct. Your product was produced on 2/10/2014. Likewise, TD28, your product was manufactured on 9/1/2011. I agree, this is not acceptable.

Valued Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@TamiT28 wrote:

Hope this helps.....

140210 09

@MrsCat21 I ordered the RTM duo in SOB that were just delivered recently and my dates on the bottom were also from 2014. I have not used it yet, but they did look and  smell ok when I screwed the top off. 

Super Contributor

I received a phone call last night (I think it was Alice, the QVC moderator.....I was tired so not 100% sure). She confirmed the numbers from my bottle of Wen Fig oil that I had posted here and said they would be getting in touch with Chaz to verify the information I was given. She also told me to not use the product in the mean time.

I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome of this issue.

Super Contributor

Are there any additional QVC moderators beside @Alice-QVC?  Alice called me on Wednesday night and said that QVC would be contacting Chaz Dean to verify the numbers I gave to her were products manufactured in 2011. I am wondering if any other QVC moderators have looked into this issue?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TamiT28 wrote:

@Are there any additional QVC moderators beside @Alice-QVC?  Alice called me on Wednesday night and said that QVC would be contacting Chaz Dean to verify the numbers I gave to her were products manufactured in 2011. I am wondering if any other QVC moderators have looked into this issue?

@TamiT28 The mods won't be the ones making the calls. They are forum moderators. I am pretty sure they would be opening an internal ticket on it, so that someone in some quality assurance department can investigate. There is a whole staff of moderators, but I think if you started contacting them, it would just confuse things. If no one gets back to you, I think you'd need to contact the Q Customer Service and ask for a supervisor. Right now it's possibly only been 24 hours since someone would have gotten the info from Alice (since Thurs. morning). I'm sure they have a whole queue of these types of issues to follow up on.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@TamiT28 wrote:

@Are there any additional QVC moderators beside @Alice-QVC?  Alice called me on Wednesday night and said that QVC would be contacting Chaz Dean to verify the numbers I gave to her were products manufactured in 2011. I am wondering if any other QVC moderators have looked into this issue?

@TamiT28 The mods won't be the ones making the calls. They are forum moderators. I am pretty sure they would be opening an internal ticket on it, so that someone in some quality assurance department can investigate. There is a whole staff of moderators, but I think if you started contacting them, it would just confuse things. If no one gets back to you, I think you'd need to contact the Q Customer Service and ask for a supervisor. Right now it's possibly only been 24 hours since someone would have gotten the info from Alice (since Thurs. morning). I'm sure they have a whole queue of these types of issues to follow up on.

I think I've seen posts from moderators where they said that they had called someone who needed help.