WEN

New Contributor

I have been using WEN Lavendar for about a year and my hair was great.  I purchased the re-moist and have used it twice, now my hair is really dry to the point that my bangs are breaking off!  What am I doing wrong?

Honored Contributor

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

I have been using WEN Lavendar for about a year and my hair was great.  I purchased the re-moist and have used it twice, now my hair is really dry to the point that my bangs are breaking off!  What am I doing wrong?

Hi @Daycaremom816, I'm not really sure of what to say because this is the first time I've read about the Remoist possibly making someone's hair drier and more brittle.

The Lavender Remoist is basically heavy duty fatty acid content which you can see in the ingredients listing at the end of this post. -- It's basically very moisturizing, so I don't have any idea of what is happening.

It's interesting you mentioned that you've been using the Lavender (LAV) Cleansing Conditioner (CC) for the past year with great results... because that's the one CC that a number of folks have found to be drying to their hair.

This includes me and my easily damaged, baby fine hair. Almost every single Wen CC formula works really really well for my hair, but I steer clear of the LAV CC. -- After much discussion, I've come to believe that it's actually the lavender essential oil in the LAV CC that dries out my hair.

That said, you've mentioned that the LAC CC is great for your hair... so I'm kind of at a loss to figure out what the problem is. 

I'd recommend what I always recommend when a product doesn't seem to be working well for someone...

I'd suggest that you stop using the LAV Remoist and then see how your hair response to this change. -- After a few weeks, you might want to try it out again... or not. 

QVC gives you 30 days to return a product so you should keep this in mind. -- If you do decide to give it a second try and are close to this 30 day return limit, then give QVC a call and see if they can bend the return rules a bit. 

Bottom line... don't keep using a product that seems to have a bad effect on your hair. It's just not worth it. 

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

LAVENDER RE-MOIST HYDRATING HAIR MASK - ingredients

Ingredients: Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Aqua, Shea Butter, Seabuckthorn Fruit Extract, Kukui Nut Oil, Tamanu Nut Oil, Macadamia Nut Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Chamomille Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Neem Extract, Menthol, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Glycerin, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ceteareth-20, Citric Acid, Wheat Amino Acids, Parfum, Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Methylisothiazolinone. 

___

Super Contributor

For what it's worth, I have always found the Lavendar to by drying, so you may not be doing anything wrong, it just maybe this is not the right formula for you...or maybe just not the right formula all the time. 

You might consider trying POM, FIG or one of the more recent seasonals, like Winter White Citrus.

Michele

New Contributor

Thanks for the help.  I think I will stop using the Lav.  I am going to buy 6-13 and see if that will repair the damage I have done.  I do love WEN!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't recommend 613 to repair dry hair because for some of us, it is drying too. I think lavender and 613 were equally as drying for my hair. Another poster had some good recommendations for more moisturizing CCs.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I wouldn't recommend 613 to repair dry hair because for some of us, it is drying too. I think lavender and 613 were equally as drying for my hair. Another poster had some good recommendations for more moisturizing CCs.

I agree with @HappyDaze that some Wenners have found 613 CC to be drying... although others have found it to really helps with hair repair. 

As a very general rule, if you have baby fine hair (like mine) then 613 CC can work wonders. -- But if you have very healthy hair or thick coarse hair, then you want to be more careful about how often you use it. Thatat's because these two hair types already have more protein in their hair.

613 CC has the most concentrated amount of Chaz's 11 amino acid complex (the bases of protein) in it which helps repair damaged hair. -- However too much protein in the hair can make make it brittle or even break. 

Pretty much all Wenners agree that the most moisturizing formula is the FIG CC. -- you might want to try the WEN by Chaz Dean 613 & Fig 16 oz Cleansing Duo w/2oz. Fig Mist which is available at a value price of $47.28: 

* 16oz 613 CC - QVC price (when available) is $45

* 16oz Fig CC -- QVC price is $29 

* 2oz Fig Replenishing Treatment Mist -- probably around a $10 value

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Best Seller
QVC Price: $52.00      Featured Price: $47.28
Available for 2 Easy Payments

___

Super Contributor

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

The other factor you might want to look at is time of year. If where you live is low humidity in the winter and/or you're in a lot of dry heated environments, this could be contributing to the issues.

Do you have fine hair? I'm asking only because Lavender is often recommended for fine hair. You might need a more moisturizing formula for the winter, not necessarily one with more protein like 613 (someone's probably already said that I'm sure Smiley Very Happy). If your hair is fine, it's likely not going to deal well with more protein, which will make it more rigid and prone to breakage.

The Replenishing Treatment Mist has really helped my hair this winter. I noticed it felt quite dry and blah around about November and it took a bit for me to realize, I live in a city that's super-humid in the summer/ dry as can be in the winter. Now I give my hair a good blast of RTM a few times a day and I'm good.

Respected Contributor

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

I would also add you can email Chaz's customer service they have grest tips & usually answer right away.. We have super dry winters & i have to use humidifer all the time.. You can always mix your lavendar CC with a more moisturizing one.. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

I do not know the reason, why all of a sudden your hair, that was doing great with LAV for an entire year, started to do so poorly with adding remoist!

Is it also a LAV remoist you are using?

This is quite unusual, but maybe there is something in re-moist product, that you either reacting to, or that overload on wheat protein in LAV finally kicked in and your hair rebelled?

I would definitely call Chaz salon, or whatever that number on each bottle, each jar of WEN, and I would ask about this seeming problem.

I also think, it may be a time to expand your WEN CC variety on hand, and have another and more moisturizing CC to use for awhile, or alternating/mixing with your LAV CC.

It can be also useful to switch to a CC with not Wheat, but Rice or Soy base, to start giving your hair a different kind of protein to feed on.

You may look at some good deals to try MIF, BGT, of Fragrance Free Restorative Rice formula CCs, or a current more moisturizing seasonal soy formulas. I think, it is Winter White Vanilla, if I am correct that is the most moisturizing out of three.

In a little over a week they will be bringing in again the Spring Seasonal Formulas, and either Spring Honey Lilac, or Spring Orange Blossom are good choice in Soy.

At the start of Summer they will bring a wonderful and well moisturizing Summer Honey Peach.

But I honestly believe in using more that one CC in WEN, alternating and mixing them for the best results.

Like @HappyDaze said, I also suggest to be careful with 613 as fantastic and nourishing it may be, still far from everyone can use it straight up and all the time. For most it is a once in awhile nourishing treatment, or an addition of a couple of pumps into everyday CC. Too much protein in 613 can take your hair to a dry hair on protein overload.

Read this Board in your spare time,  @Daycaremom816!  You may be able to come across some wonderful and useful info and updates on WEN Products! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

I would also add you can email Chaz's customer service they have grest tips & usually answer right away.. We have super dry winters & i have to use humidifer all the time.. You can always mix your lavendar CC with a more moisturizing one.. Smiley Happy

@quadmimi has a great point that you probably should mix lavender with a more moisturizing formula.  I don't have dry hair but only purchased lavender once and it was still too drying for my hair.  I would never purchase it again.  I can use most of the Wen formulas that I have used but not the lavender formula.  I had to mix the lavender with a more moisturizing formula to use it up.