WEN

Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

I have been using WEN Lavendar for about a year and my hair was great.  I purchased the re-moist and have used it twice, now my hair is really dry to the point that my bangs are breaking off!  What am I doing wrong?

I would also add you can email Chaz's customer service they have grest tips & usually answer right away.. We have super dry winters & i have to use humidifer all the time.. You can always mix your lavendar CC with a more moisturizing one.. Smiley Happy

@quadmimi has a great point that you probably should mix lavender with a more moisturizing formula.  I don't have dry hair but only purchased lavender once and it was still too drying for my hair.  I would never purchase it again.  I can use most of the Wen formulas that I have used but not the lavender formula.  I had to mix the lavender with a more moisturizing formula to use it up.  

Oh Susan arent you a fan of SOB coming up? I haven't used that one yet..

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@Susan25 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

I have been using WEN Lavendar for about a year and my hair was great.  I purchased the re-moist and have used it twice, now my hair is really dry to the point that my bangs are breaking off!  What am I doing wrong?

I would also add you can email Chaz's customer service they have grest tips & usually answer right away.. We have super dry winters & i have to use humidifer all the time.. You can always mix your lavendar CC with a more moisturizing one.. Smiley Happy

@quadmimi has a great point that you probably should mix lavender with a more moisturizing formula.  I don't have dry hair but only purchased lavender once and it was still too drying for my hair.  I would never purchase it again.  I can use most of the Wen formulas that I have used but not the lavender formula.  I had to mix the lavender with a more moisturizing formula to use it up.  

Oh Susan arent you a fan of SOB coming up? I haven't used that one yet..

Yes @quadmimi.  I really like SOB and it is great for my hair but many Wenners do find it a bit drying.  Although, some Wenners always mix different formulas that may be a bit too drying with another formula to get good results.  

Honored Contributor

@Daycaremom816 wrote:

Hi   @Daycaremom816

I too love the scent of Lavender!  However, I found that it did dry my fine hair.  To use what I had, I mixed it 50/50 with FIG.  

@One thing some of us learned is that after WEN fixed our initial hair issue, our needs changed.  I started with TT 1st & FIG 2nd for @ a year.  Then as my scalp stopped itching, and my hair was no longer dry I found that other combos of WEN worked better.

As others mentioned, given the season and heating your home, you might benefit from a humidifier.  If I don't use one in the Winter, my hair, skin, nails, and sinuses SCREAM!

Best wishes with the drying issue, and do stay in touch with us.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I agree with what others have said. I would suspect it's the LAV cleansing conditioner that's the problem so you may want to try something more moisturizing. I have thin, fine hair and LAV was too drying to my hair. Have you tried the product recommender on Chaz's site? It's pretty good at suggesting what you should try.

Contributor

Hair needs both moisture and protein to be strong.  Do a search on moisture protein and hair strand test - it might help you figure out if your hair is breaking because it needs protein or needs moisture.

Trusted Contributor

You've gotten a lot of great advice! In addition to switching up or mixing the CC, and calling the hotline, you may want to try the oils. People have had some incredible success with them! I hope you find your perfect solution soon.

New Contributor

Thank you all for the awesome advice.  I'm going to order a couple different scents and see if I can't get this turned around.  Hopefully it won't take too long.  You all have been super helpful!  Thanks💜

Esteemed Contributor

Great! Best of luck to you to get to right for your hair CCs right away! Come back here sharing your experiences, questions, results....

Boy, i just can't help it, but bring this deal @bebe777 pointed out - it just such a good deal, and a price, and all three products!  I love FIG for moisture, love 613 for nourishment, and the oil treatment is great for hair and scalp!

WEN by Chaz Dean 613 & Fig 16 oz Cleansing Duo w/2oz. Fig Mist - A271717
Best Seller
QVC Price: $52.00      Featured Price: $47.28
Available for 2 Easy Payments

Sorry, @Daycaremom816 for "pushing" yet another product on you Smiley Happy, this is just so - you need to get to a point of using WEN successfully, via experimenting with products! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi there:  I'm a Wen girl this Aug. will be 7 years now.  My hair is very long and NEVER dry.  I always take one whole pump of the cleansing conditioner in my hands and emulsify it and put it back in my hair after my final rinse while hair is soaking wet, don't wring it out.  I then take 2 pumps of styling creme and do the same.  If I want I use the mousse but my main thing is the above.  I feel it is imperative to put the cleansing conditioner back in as a leave in.  This is what gives body, bounce, shine and hydration.  If your hair is short or to the shoulder use half a pump.  If hair is still dry do more.  Make sure when you cleanse you cleasne rinse and repeat and really saturate your scalp and hair with it.  I'll tell you the truth..........when I get out of this, if I can still raise an arm I'll show you just how saturated I can get!  (third person)  I'm with you!  Just a joke taken from an old movie.  Seriously though if you use Wen like that it should help.  If not, call back!

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi there:  I'm a Wen girl this Aug. will be 7 years now.  My hair is very long and NEVER dry.  I always take one whole pump of the cleansing conditioner in my hands and emulsify it and put it back in my hair after my final rinse while hair is soaking wet, don't wring it out.  I then take 2 pumps of styling creme and do the same.  If I want I use the mousse but my main thing is the above.  I feel it is imperative to put the cleansing conditioner back in as a leave in.  This is what gives body, bounce, shine and hydration.  If your hair is short or to the shoulder use half a pump.  If hair is still dry do more.  Make sure when you cleanse you cleasne rinse and repeat and really saturate your scalp and hair with it.  I'll tell you the truth..........when I get out of this, if I can still raise an arm I'll show you just how saturated I can get!  (third person)  I'm with you!  Just a joke taken from an old movie.  Seriously though if you use Wen like that it should help.  If not, call back!

@77yangya, that is such a great point. Really well said!! Smiley Happy

@Daycaremom816, adding the CC pack in adds the moisture back in and following it with the styling creme (SC) seals the moisture in about protects it from the heat of your blow dryer. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy