Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@blackhole99 @blackhole99  Lol. Great minds think alike.

Being honest, the California Coat was the one I purchased from BD's site and returned (spoke about this in another thread). I was REALLY disappointed in it. It was nothing like it looked online (the BD site) and it wasn't soft like the TSV. It was just polar fleece material. I looked at the info on the QVC site and it looks far more like what mine did when it arrived. I ordered the size I normally would and it fit like a blazer. Nope. Not at all what I was expecting.

I sincerely hope you two LOVE it, however. It's a good price, I have to say. I had ordered it in the black as well, lol. 

@SahmIam Thanks for your honest review. Was it fairly warm at least or no? I was hoping with it being sold as a coat that it would be slighly warmer than the cardigan (but still not a lot of bulk)? If not, than I would pass bc as I said above, I do have a lot of cardi's already. Thx!

Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom  I think the cardigan is warmer. It's heavier in weight (TSV) when held in the hand, IMHO. My coat arrived in a 9x13 mailer bag; it's micro fleece like blankets you buy at Walmart, Kohls, etc. It does NOT feel silky or cashmere like in ANY way. 

If you go to their site and look at the pictures of the model, you'll see how I thought it would be this oversized, fluffy, cozy, silky blend of softness. It LOOKS big and oversized and coat-like on the model. It was, like I said, a blazer size. I also didn't care for the pattern; it just didn't ooze they "luxury" that the cardigans and the TSV does. 

Understand that I'm just over 6 feet tall; depending on your size/build and what size you order, it may be fantastic. I ordered based on what the BD site said the model was wearing and her height/size.

Frequent Contributor

I did the same. I ordered two TSV then when I saw the ODO I knew I would get more wear out of it and cancelled both cardigans and bought two ODO. Can't wait.

Honored Contributor
Interesting. The rep clearly stated that the ODO CA Coat is brand new, never been seen, and can only be bought at QVC. How can she say that when it clearly isn'the true?
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@apple1964 - @moondust and @sunshine45 gave you good advice!

I ordered this too, and I always go up a size in this brand. I got it for my DD, who is a 4-6, and I ordered a small for her. Smiley Happy

Thank you ... I am glad I moved up to the med. When the host mentioned that the sleeves run a little small at first that was a sign for me that this brand runs small.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne wrote:
Interesting. The rep clearly stated that the ODO CA Coat is brand new, never been seen, and can only be bought at QVC. How can she say that when it clearly isn'the true?

@Tissyanne  Because she's there to sell her product? Because how many people buy BD from their site? I guess those two questions (and their answers) says it all.

The California coat has been on their site for over a year; I know because it (and other items) are saved in my Wish List section on their site. They just had a sale and that's when I purchased the coat (same price as they sold it for their ODO on QVC). Also, I paid NO S & H and NO tax for it. HOWEVER, it cost me $26 to ship it BACK to them because they require ALL returns to be in the same shipping vessel AND to be insured for the full amount.

UPS covers $75 so you have to buy more insurance. USPS only covers up to $50 with Priority Mail. THen there's the cost to ship from the East Coast to the West Coast. I learned a valuable lesson: ONLY purchase from the BD those items I KNOW work for me. 

In any event, that's the scoop on the California Coat.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  I think the cardigan is warmer. It's heavier in weight (TSV) when held in the hand, IMHO. My coat arrived in a 9x13 mailer bag; it's micro fleece like blankets you buy at Walmart, Kohls, etc. It does NOT feel silky or cashmere like in ANY way. 

If you go to their site and look at the pictures of the model, you'll see how I thought it would be this oversized, fluffy, cozy, silky blend of softness. It LOOKS big and oversized and coat-like on the model. It was, like I said, a blazer size. I also didn't care for the pattern; it just didn't ooze they "luxury" that the cardigans and the TSV does. 

Understand that I'm just over 6 feet tall; depending on your size/build and what size you order, it may be fantastic. I ordered based on what the BD site said the model was wearing and her height/size.

@SahmIam Thank you! You have been very helpful. For reference, I am 5' 8" and thin. I am disappointed to hear it's not very warm. You have saved me $. LOL! Thank you.  I have my fingers crossed the sweatshirt as least meets my expectations. 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom  You're welcome. : )

I compared the materials of the TSV to the sweatshirts and they are the same in every way so they SHOULD be soft and cozy and silky cashmere-like goodness. I went with the largest size the offered (3x) as I have no idea how these run and I want the length as well as the oversized look for a sweatshirt. Don't care if I swim in it as it's a sweatshirt, lol. Plus, more room to layer clothes when watching my sons play rugby!!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@blackhole99 @blackhole99  Lol. Great minds think alike.

Being honest, the California Coat was the one I purchased from BD's site and returned (spoke about this in another thread). I was REALLY disappointed in it. It was nothing like it looked online (the BD site) and it wasn't soft like the TSV. It was just polar fleece material. I looked at the info on the QVC site and it looks far more like what mine did when it arrived. I ordered the size I normally would and it fit like a blazer. Nope. Not at all what I was expecting.

I sincerely hope you two LOVE it, however. It's a good price, I have to say. I had ordered it in the black as well, lol. 

@SahmIamwish I would have seen your post sooner, I would have canceled it, reviews mean alot to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  You're welcome. : )

I compared the materials of the TSV to the sweatshirts and they are the same in every way so they SHOULD be soft and cozy and silky cashmere-like goodness. I went with the largest size the offered (3x) as I have no idea how these run and I want the length as well as the oversized look for a sweatshirt. Don't care if I swim in it as it's a sweatshirt, lol. Plus, more room to layer clothes when watching my sons play rugby!!

@SahmIam  I rec'd the BFD ODO sweatshirt today. It is soooo soft and comfy.  It's quite heavy/substantial feeling too, so hopefully that's what you were wanting. It hangs nicely and I am happy with the length (was afraid it was going to be a little too short (I got the Large size). It will be perfect I think for your sons rugby games.  I really could have used this for all those cold high school football games I sat out at and watched my son play. LOL! I am a freezy cat and am already in love with this.  I will live in it this winter (Wisconsin girl here) as my work place is casual. Give a report when you get yours.