Regular Contributor

Re: How about DON'T shut down the forums?

[ Edited ]

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

We know how hard it can be to say goodbye, but are confident you will love all of the wonderful things our Facebook groups have to offer!  We hope you'll decide to give one a try!

I have tried the Facebook group and unfollowed...did not like it at all. Without these forums will no longer support or buy anything from QVC.  Many of us loved having this forum to come to. Don't be too confident, many of these forum followers will not be going to Facebook. 

Super Contributor

@hckynut - even though years ago you indirectly insulted my GM car at least on this forum I got to know you better. That wouldn't happen on FB.

I don't like FB but it has had it moments of usefulness, far and few between. I won't log on to be in a group. BTW, my car is still doing fine knock on wood. Just like WW now, no real community so I don't need them to eat right. Also, it seems you have a lot of followers on the board, you and you're wife. You are a celebrity here. To me, you're just a normal person but I thought you might want to know how revered you are. 

QVC doesn't owe us a forum and I don't owe them anything back. I paid my last easy pay and I'm glad I never got their Q card. 

Respected Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

We know how hard it can be to say goodbye, but are confident you will love all of the wonderful things our Facebook groups have to offer!  We hope you'll decide to give one a try!

Will there be different topics to post under or will it just be one big discussion group?  FB isn't formatted like this forum and it's easier to have conversations here. 

Why are they taking them down?  It can't be because of money.  So many people just won't do FB.  This seemed like a more secure environment.  This has come to be more than just a forum to some.

Honored Contributor

@dimin 

A very nice post to read. I drag raced cars around the Midwest for 17 years, all were Ford Motor products. Raced Mercury/3 New Fords/2 different 1950 Fords, and a 1948 Ford Anglia.

Raced many GM Models of cars/Chevy/Olds/Pontiac and even a Buick now and again. Racers love their cars, but not liking certain engines was common chat with all of us. Friendly, just like a kinda rivalry you could say.

Not sure how exactly I could insult a car, but I obviously said something that didn't set well with you. Us racers never considered putting down a rival brand an insult, just kinda like a jab of sorts. In case I didn't apologize, I will do so now. Whenever someone believes I insulted them in some way, I almost always apologize. So I am sorry if what I said bothered you.

A person, any person, is just that to me also, a person. "Normal, on the other hand"? My normal is not everyone's normal, and I suspect you feel similar to that statement. I prefer those that are true to themselves and shoot straight from the hip.

For me it is "tell it like I see it", no beating around the bush". How many friends one has is not anywhere on my list of achievements, for anyone. On the other hand, an award by a big group to me is an honor that I cherish. Those things have a way of humbling most of my type of people.

Long as most of my posts have always been. I enjoyed reading you post and appreciate your comments. 

My best to you and yours,

hckynut(john) 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

@Wayne-QVC,  it may just turn out that saying goodbye will be easier than the company has anticipated.

There is NOTHING  Q could offer that would induce me to go to Facebook.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor

Sorry Wayne......but no. No way. QVC's loss.

FB is an invasive site and a site full of misinformation and divisiveness. Check out the whistleblower on 60 Minutes yesterday. Of all places to direct QVC customers to...

Sad. SMH. 

I do hope you continue to have a job and wish you and all the moderators the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since 2003 I've spent a huge amount of money at QVC. There's not a week goes by, I don't put money in their pocket.

Closing these forums is a shabby way to treat your customers of many many years.

This forum could have been of great value to you. Other companies pay large sums to get information at your finger tips. Too bad, you didn't take advantage by paying attention to your valued customers. 

If you say good-bye to me, I will be saying good-bye to you.

Respected Contributor

I don't know the reason for the shut-down, but it's very unfair. There may be far fewer posters than in the past but there are still loyal people who regularly come here, whether it's just to keep up or to chat. I reluctantly joined FB years ago. I preferred it here! There are a few QVC groups there but they are pretty heavily censored by the admins. Guess we could start our own groups there but many people, super understandably, do not do Facebook!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow I am in shock.  The Mods gave us the best CS and without that during Christmas???   No way will I be shopping anymore.  Going to Facebook will hurt QVC bad because Facebook is not a good place.  I agree with others that Zuckenburg is not getting into my information.   

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

No to Facebook! If no forums, I won't shop QVC!      
            💵 💸 🛒 !

I agree!!