Esteemed Contributor

Re: How about DON'T shut down the forums?

I want to tell you all to be careful on Face Book.  A lot of people are getting hacked.  I changed my information.  If you go there please be advised:  Do not put in your last name.  Do not put in your Birth Date.  Do not put if your married etc.  Most important  DO NOT PUT WHERE YOU WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL OR WHERE YOU LIVE.   This from a family member that is in law.   Please if you have family pictures up, get them off of there.   Remember everything you enter on those pages makes you more vulnerable to getting hacked.  I don't even have my last name on my page. 

Honored Contributor

@Wayne-QVC 

"Confident I will love all the wonderful things on QVC Facebook"? 

Not happening my friend! Nothing on FB will ever be able to replicate this Bulletin Board that has been here long before your name appeared. It can not only not replicate, but it would last as long as the $2 bill, if that.

While I do a few things on FB, I do not buy anything they flash up in the ads, or otherwise. The fact they know exactly every site I visit in a matter of minutes? And "I will love those things because there is a QVC attached to it? A wild dream, never will be a reality.

I am sure you had no input in this terrible decision, but it was nice of you to attempt to save face for those that did. No company is too BIG to fail, and QVC by this move, will hasten it's own demise.

hckynut(john) 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

FRTp.gif

extremely sad.... don't shut it down

Honored Contributor

@Wayne-QVC 

I don't go on Facebook at all and I am sad about this decision.  Facebook is just not something I am comfortable with.  I will be very sorry to not be able to post and keep in contact with all the great people here.  I wish the Q would reconsider this!!!  But if this is the final decision to close down and go strictly to Facebook, then it is goodbye from me. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

This really saddens me!  I have really enjoyed coming here, not only to post and get great advice, but to read what others are doing, and going through and just sharing daily experiences.  This has really been a lousy year and this is just another lousy thing added on..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

We know how hard it can be to say goodbye, but are confident you will love all of the wonderful things our Facebook groups have to offer!  We hope you'll decide to give one a try!

@Wayne-QVC   I'm hoping you'll pass it on, to those who made this decision. Please have them read all the negative posts since it was announced. Customers who are angry, leaving the forums and QVC may change their minds.

Suggestion Box? The executives need to read how upset we are (threads on most forums about this) and a majority will not go to Facebook which will also result in a dive in sales...either because we don't have have the info here on the forums from each other or in protest of being thrown aside. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Since 2003 I've spent a huge amount of money at QVC. There's not a week goes by, I don't put money in their pocket.

Closing these forums is a shabby way to treat your customers of many many years.

This forum could have been of great value to you. Other companies pay large sums to get information at your finger tips. Too bad, you didn't take advantage by paying attention to your valued customers. 

If you say good-bye to me, I will be saying good-bye to you.

Same here @febe1 . I'll be canceling my account. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus ....good message to Mr. Wayne-QVC.  After 20+ years with this company, I am done!  Mr. Wayne, I am not part of Facebook anything and have no intentions of signing on for QVC!  From comments I have read from those who have signed on....they are not impressed.  Bad move here QVC. "We care about our customers."....what a joke!

Valued Contributor

Wayne, YOU ARE DREAMING!

Valued Contributor

Big mistake QVC.   You will see that when it's too late.  Younger women don't care about yur crappy products or non-fashionable clothing.  My 20 something daughter wouldn't watch QVC if you paid her.  She and her friends buy their clothes and makeup elewhere.  If they do go to FaceBook, it is not to browse QVC. Smiley Very Happy 

Closing the boards just confirms what we already knew.  Youj don't care about your customer base.  Good luck reeling in the younger ones.  You will surely need it.