Super Contributor

Re: How about DON'T shut down the forums?

sinking ship.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Wayne-QVC wrote:

We know how hard it can be to say goodbye, but are confident you will love all of the wonderful things our Facebook groups have to offer!  We hope you'll decide to give one a try!

@Wayne-QVC  You are wrong..........I've been on the FB page.  We have no choice in what topic is being discussed.  We just have to keep scrolling down and down, etc etc.  It is nothing like these forums and QVC knows it.

We posters have garnered a lot of help and info that we otherwise wouldn't have had, not only from QVC, but life in general, but a lot about QVC i.e...........what was the number for that temptations bowl?  Does anyone know what top Jayne was wearing?  How do I contact so and so?  And it goes on and on.

Wake up QVC!  Quit trying to fix what is not broken!

Honored Contributor

There seems to be so much sadness in the world...everywhere you turn. Q doing this and shutting down the forums brings more sadness and lonlineess to many. Shame on you, QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Wayne-QVC 

"Confident I will love all the wonderful things on QVC Facebook"? 

Not happening my friend! Nothing on FB will ever be able to replicate this Bulletin Board that has been here long before your name appeared. It can not only not replicate, but it would last as long as the $2 bill, if that.

While I do a few things on FB, I do not buy anything they flash up in the ads, or otherwise. The fact they know exactly every site I visit in a matter of minutes? And "I will love those things because there is a QVC attached to it? A wild dream, never will be a reality.

I am sure you had no input in this terrible decision, but it was nice of you to attempt to save face for those that did. No company is too BIG to fail, and QVC by this move, will hasten it's own demise.

hckynut(john) 🏒

@hckynut  I will miss your posts and dry sense of humor. Have cried when your cats died. THAT can never be found on Facebook!

Keep playing hockey friend! 
  I'm now an ex QVC shopper! 

Esteemed Contributor

I intend to cancel ALL emails coming from QVC as of Nov. 2. If you are not interested in my opinions, why should I be interested in your emails. I'll be looking around for retailers that value and appreciate my monies. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

There seems to be so much sadness in the world...everywhere you turn. Q doing this and shutting down the forums brings more sadness and lonlineess to many. Shame on you, QVC. 

SERIOUSLY a SAD decision? Shutting done the boards is a BUSINESS decision. 

What is "lonliness?"

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  & everyone else being displaced by the removal of the forum. Come join us on mellygdotproboardsdotcom. We have close to 800 members already. We can all stay together if we choose to. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@hckynut  & everyone else being displaced by the removal of the forum. Come join us on mellygdotproboardsdotcom. We have close to 800 members already. We can all stay together if we choose to. 

@NicksmomESQ 

I signed up on Proboards. Typed in "q forum friends". It took me to nothing but starting my site.

Just typed in "mellyg.proboards. com". Took me to a forum directory. Don't recognize anything there.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Someone posted these easy directions..

Go to Proboards.  At the top of the main page click on Forum Directory.   Then type q forum friends in the spot that says Search for a Forum.  It will bring that name up with a large red box next to it. Click on the red box and you are in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut That's my take on using FB for this particular purpose. I do have a FB account that I use to keep in touch with out of state friends and family but I put very limited information on it and am very careful what I post and share.

I agree with you about there being too much emphasis on access to personal information plus the "push" that FB's algorithms use to shove particular points of view, etc. toward it's users is a turn off for me.

I prefer to avoid controversial topics. One of my friends jokes that I post garden and cats/dogs. Well, yes, that's true. Why not? 

It's QVC's company, so of course, they can do what they please but for myself, I won't be joining Q's FB pages. The hosts aren't my "friends" so I can skip all that. I'm looking at the alternatives that some people have set up in anticipation of the forums going away. That may work for me but I'm not sure yet.